Memory read error

Started by Mohawk20, February 08, 2007, 08:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Quote from: buzzzzz on February 16, 2007, 11:13:34 PM
Quote from: duff on February 16, 2007, 05:02:41 AM
As Oshyan said, there are several applications which defrag the memory for you.
One I have used previously is fsautostart, you can also set it up to stop and start services and make other preformance related changes to allow optimal running of the chosen application. It allows the creation of shortcuts so that the all optimisations and memory defragging can be done immediately prior to the application starting.

Thanks for the tip Oshyan and the Lead on the software duff! I installed "fsautostart" configured it with it's help, got my running processes down to 15 not including TGD. Then I ran memory defrag with System Mechanic to free up and defragment memory before starting TG. Hoping this will help with memory errors I get rendering Water or Reflective Shaders. We shall see? 

Thanks Again!
The problems with water rendering are not generally related to memory limitations; they are inherent in the reflection rendering system unfortunately. So for the most part they are issues you will need to wait for a fix on. Major work on the reflection and water system will be done over the coming months and a subsequent release should prove to be much more stable and capable in regards to water.

- Oshyan

buzzzzz

Quote from: buzzzzz on February 16, 2007, 11:13:34 PM
Quote from: duff on February 16, 2007, 05:02:41 AM
As Oshyan said, there are several applications which defrag the memory for you.
One I have used previously is fsautostart, you can also set it up to stop and start services and make other preformance related changes to allow optimal running of the chosen application. It allows the creation of shortcuts so that the all optimisations and memory defragging can be done immediately prior to the application starting.

Thanks for the tip Oshyan and the Lead on the software duff! I installed "fsautostart" configured it with it's help, got my running processes down to 15 not including TGD. Then I ran memory defrag with System Mechanic to free up and defragment memory before starting TG. Hoping this will help with memory errors I get rendering Water or Reflective Shader s. We shall see? 

Thanks Again!

Update on installing "FSautostart".  This little piece of software got my running processes down to 15 in XP not counting TG when I'm rendering. Normally XP was running 32 process plus whatever programs I was messing with. As I said earlier I couldn't render water but now using FSautostart I have no render problems at all.  Yheeee---Haaaa!!

Mohawk20

To return briefly to the original problem that was the cause of this thread...
Some of you may remember my posting this image on ashundar a while ago:
http://www.ashundar.com/CPG/displayimage.php?pos=-3616

I decided to render it again on 1024x768 with a bit more detail... The crystals are fake rocks, and they're at 150 size. When I started rendering, I got that same memory error, indicating that the memory buffer is too small.

Because I didn't want to give up the better quality render, I decided to do a cropped render. I have finished the bottom half this morning, and the top half is render as we speak.
So it seems when you get a momory error like this, you can render it in several crops and put it together afterwards.
Nice to know...
Howgh!