New Blog Design

Started by MeltingIce, February 07, 2007, 03:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingIce

Added latest diggs and did some reorganizing.  The animation is smooth now with no jumping text.  I still have more customization to do though, so I'll let you know when I'm done with that.

MeltingIce Network | Wii Number: 3881 9574 8304 0277

MeltingIce

Added a header image to make the blog look interesting.  I would love to hear comments (good and bad) on the header image though.  If you have any suggestions for it, or for the rest of the design for that matter, please let me know.

king_tiger_666

thats a sizeable header you have there

i like it but perhaps a little smaller so that it doesn't take half the height of the screen.... but then again i'm stuck on 1024x768 it probably looks great on higher resolution.....

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>

MeltingIce

Haha yea it works much better at higher resolutions.  I have 1280x800 on my laptop and it looks good to me.

inkonyto

Hello MeltingIce, your blog rocks  :o

Thank, it helps me a lot !

MeltingIce

Quote from: inkonyto on February 08, 2007, 04:44:24 PM
Hello MeltingIce, your blog rocks  :o

Thank, it helps me a lot !

Glad to hear it  ;D

Lucio

I'm enjoying it :)

Regards,

Lucio

MeltingIce

Thanks Lucio  ;D

I moved the shelf button and made it so that it switches back and forth between saying Open and Close, depending on what state the shelf itself is in.  Also, changed the global font to Arial.

Dark Fire

All I have to say about your new blog design is 'wow'. I would say to most people that a design like that is over the top because they'd never be able to maintain it properly, but you seem to have a rather good ability at making and maintaining amazing things on your website. Blogs like yours make my blog look old and semi-abandoned... :'(

Oh well, at least I virtually wrote my blog from scratch (the very core of my blog is still powered by Blosxom...but not for much longer).

old_blaggard

Quote from: Dark Fire on February 12, 2007, 12:13:39 PM
Oh well, at least I virtually wrote my blog from scratch
I'm with you there.  I'll let you know when my site gets into a semi-presentable state :D.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

MeltingIce

Haha thanks guys :D
I think I'm done modifying it for awhile now.  I just got a book I ordered in the mail on PHP coding, so I am going to start experimenting with making my own wordpress themes from scratch.

MeltingIce

Ok well this isn't exactly my blog, but its my site nonetheless.  I re-designed the index page for my entire website.  It was inspired by an operating system desktop's layout.  Let me know what you think  :P  Best viewed in Firefox, since IE doesn't know the "window.innerHeight" javascript function for the background wallpaper.  There is still one thing I would like to add, which is a drop-down menu containing all the links when you click the MeltingIce logo in the taskbar.  You can check it out by simply going to http://meltingice.net

old_blaggard

I like the new design!  Good job.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

Dark Fire

Nice logo and 'start' menu...