Death Star I in 3DS format?

Started by TheBlackHole, December 26, 2009, 10:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackHole

Does anyone know of any models of Death Star I in 3DS format? Other than the ones at SCIFI 3D. Every model I've gotten from there is broken in some way when I open it with Anim8or. I've tried making my own but it sucked. I'm not using this in TG2, though. I'm doing a "Death Star destroys planet" video and I'm animating with Anim8or. I've looked on TurboSquid but the only free one I could find was crap. I also tried ShareCG but there was only a crappy one in Bryce format. >:( I need it to look very similar to the one in Star Wars Episode IV. I'm using clips of the Death Star destroying Alderaan and some of the Battle of Yavin where the first proton torpedo hit was on the surface and it shook up the Imperials.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

buzzzzz1

XFX 750i SLI  nFORCE Mobo
Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz Wolfdale
8 Gig Corsair DDR2 6400
Nvidia GForce 9600 GSO 768 MB
XP Pro 64 bit OS

TheBlackHole

Oh yeah! I totally forgot about the Celestia Motherlode! ;D
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

freelancah

http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=38&p13_sectionid=1&p13_fileid=638 has one too. Its in lwo format. Conversion shouldnt be a problem tho.. and tg2 can use this format natively so there you go.. Oh and you need to register to get stuff..

TheBlackHole

Like I said, I'm probably not using this in TG2. I already got the one at the Celestia Motherlode. It would be cool to have a 3DS format Super Star Destroyer and regular Star Destroyer.Then I could animate the Imperial fleet coming in to watch the third test. Despayre was first, Alderaan was second, and now an unnamed, unstable volcanic planet gets put out of its misery. I'll try to animate the explosion with Anim8or instead of cutting parts of the movie together.