Free animation?

Started by TheBlackHole, January 02, 2010, 06:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBlackHole

Too bad in the free version of TG2 it's not possible to even just rotate the camera to look in other directions as an animation. It would be great just to animate the camera looking in different directions and/or changing FOV.
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?

Kadri

If you render a big picture you can make basic pans and zooms ( in a video editor ) . Not quite what you want but better then nothing.
And if you are insane you can make it  manual by changing the camera parameters  ;D

Kadri.

neuspadrin

Quote from: Kadri on January 02, 2010, 11:22:00 PM
And if you are insane you can make it  manual by changing the camera parameters  ;D

there ya go ;) manually do the entire path, rendering each frame yourself etc.  you pay for convenience.  and no offense, your motto you've given on everything on the computer should be free doesn't really work that well.

only thing i could really see is adding an additional even lower resolution limit for animation free renders. frame number limits wouldn't make sense because then you could just combine frames together, and 800x600 is pretty high for a free video resolution.

Kadri

I get what you mean Neuspadrin . But i don't think that what i said is really much practical .
I was tempted to try it ones.
But for video minimum 15 frames per second (not counting PAl's 25 and the others) i think buying Tg2 is really much much more reasonable.

Kadri.

Henry Blewer

The old way to do this was to calculate, by hand each location for the camera. That's how I started. I gets tricky when you add a couple barrel rolls in succession.  :P
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

TheBlackHole

I can only render up to 800x600. I can't do pans in Windows Movie Maker (yes, that's what I use) and no "basic" zooms unless it's ease in or ease out. >:( So I'm stuck. I wish WMM could do even basic pans!
They just issued a tornado warning and said to stay away from windows. Does that mean I can't use my computer?