Populations are rotated wrong

Started by CCC, March 08, 2010, 08:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CCC

Another one of my Terragen headaches. I can not get the populations to stand up straight.

Henry Blewer

Look at the objects placing. When I do populations, I get numbers without an exponent. Something that may be in the thousands. I have never seen this before.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

dandelO

Click the next item in the object list, Marc's pine. Are the Z or X rotation values off from '0'?

It looks like you've probably just clicked 'yes' in the 'Is this object from Xfrog' dialogue when you loaded the model. Clicking yes rotates one of those values(can't remember which one) to 90 degrees to match Xfrog's default X,Y and Z's.

Just a guess...

EDIT: Maybe not, since this is a .tgo. Sorry.
Still, looks like the parent object has just been rotated somewhere along the line.

CCC

Because my camera is over another part of the planet in the equator zone and i was trying to relocate the populations there. I never had done this before so it is hard to figure this out as my camera has some coordinates i am not used to using.

Henry Blewer

I think populations work better when they are close to the 0,0,0 default startup coordinates. I know the lake in the water tab works better near this location.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

CCC

I can't go back to the default coordinates because i want to have the ring in the scene.

Kadri

AL33 , can you rotate the Ring ? Then you could make your scene in the default place .

Kadri.

CCC

nikita

Maybe you can make yourself a ring in blender or something?

The world outside (0,0,0): It's there - but not meant to be actually used.
A bit like the animation feature.
At least, that's my impression.

CCC

Well, the ring is an object just like a planet so i should be able to move it anyway i want. It should not be that difficult to do. Terragen really needs a gizmo for objects like what Carrara has.

dandelO

You can rotate the disc object by inputting values to the 3 'axis' fields.

CCC

That did it. I was not thinking about using all three Axis' for the ring and i managed to get it in view along with my population. I have to think 3 dimensionally.    ;D