Complex reflections

Started by DSDunbar, December 26, 2006, 05:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSDunbar

Here is a scene that has some interesting multiple reflections from two mirror balls and a lake.  The sun is setting behind the viewer.  Unfortunately, I'm unable to render this image at a higher resolution or with with detail > 0.25 without TG2 crashing.  I used a MacBook Pro w/ 2.16 GHz dual core & Radeon X1600 (10m 9s render time)

Tangled-Universe

This looks interesting, but where's the shared file?  ;)

DSDunbar

I've attached the TG2 file for mirrorballs.jpg

Tim O'Donoghue

Nice setup. I'll try rendering at some point when my current one finishes ... (could be days!)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: DSDunbar on December 26, 2006, 07:58:41 PM
I've attached the TG2 file for mirrorballs.jpg

Thank you, I'll also taak a look at is asap  ;D

peter1

Quote from: DSDunbar on December 26, 2006, 05:08:25 PM
Here is a scene that has some interesting multiple reflections from two mirror balls and a lake.  The sun is setting behind the viewer.  Unfortunately, I'm unable to render this image at a higher resolution or with with detail > 0.25 without TG2 crashing.  I used a MacBook Pro w/ 2.16 GHz dual core & Radeon X1600 (10m 9s render time)

Very good.

I think I need a new Mac, my G4 PowerBook took 44m 43s to render it (640x480).

Oshyan

Reflections are currently in a fairly basic state. You will find that they do crash at times, and that they take quite a while to render in most cases. Optimization and improvement of reflection shader capabilities will be addressed in the future.

- Oshyan