Bug report: Crash when deleting a node during render

Started by sga, April 07, 2010, 11:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sga

Terragen 2.1.18.1 crashed on me when I deleted a node in the graph while performing a render.  I can't immediately reproduce it, but I was messing around and created a Rock node (not a population), focused the camera on it, assigned an Alpine Shader to its displacement function (which produced no reasonable result), a power fractal to its color function, and then deleted the Rock node itself mid-render.

Regards,
Shane

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: sga on April 07, 2010, 11:06:33 AM
Terragen 2.1.18.1 crashed on me when I deleted a node in the graph while performing a render.  I can't immediately reproduce it, but I was messing around and created a Rock node (not a population), focused the camera on it, assigned an Alpine Shader to its displacement function (which produced no reasonable result), a power fractal to its color function, and then deleted the Rock node itself mid-render.

Regards,
Shane

Hmmm...I'm not sure if you should call this a bug. It's like changing a tire while driving, isn't it?
If TG2 loads the entire tgd into memory and then renders from that, then I'd say: yes, you should be able to adjust the tgd while rendering. But as far as I know this is not the case.

Oshyan

Martin is right, though we should probably just disallow changes to the node network while rendering.

- Oshyan