Looking for help doing a skybox for a game project

Started by barnEbiss, June 28, 2010, 09:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnEbiss

I am currently working on a world map in unity and am in need of a special skybox for the map. I  was wondering if someone who knows how to use TG2 would be willing to help generate a skybox for my map.

this picture on the front page of planetside is just about what I am looking for

The skybox needs to be like above image but no terrain whatever just the endless clouds below and same sky.

I would be really grateful if someone could help me do up the needed skybox rendering.

FrankB

Hi, do you want to learn how to make this, or just to have someone make this for you?

Regards,
Frank

barnEbiss

Right now I am in the middle of finishing up the test map and a bunch of other models that are needed for the project so at the moment I need the skybox in a rush so it would take a little while for me to learn and get used to working with TG2 so I am at this looking for someone to help me do the skybox textures. but later on I will be learning to use TG2 myself since I will have to use it for many of the other maps that are needed.

if it would help I could pay around 30$ to 40$ if someone would help me get the needed skybox textures done.

FrankB

is this how you like it to be?
[attachimg=#]

barnEbiss

FrankB

so you can have it. Just contact me through PM.

barnEbiss

I got the file you provided link for. I am wondering what are the settings to have it automatically render image for top, bottom, front, back and left and right for the needed 6 textures for a skybox. I read something about a script could be used but that was for the older version of TG and dont know if there is one for TG2

FrankB

just insert the attached clip file in your project. Then enter the right camera position in the cube camera, then double click on the cube render node, and go to the sequence tab and render the 6 image sequence.
You must have TG2 Deep + Animation to make this work. Otherwise, you need to manually change the camera orientation after every frame.
One last advice: for cubes, it's better to disable the enviro light and exchange with the fill light setup which can be found here in the file sharing area (sticky post).

Regards,
Frank

barnEbiss

I got camera all setup and exporting the images, but when I load them up in the editor. there is a visible seam were the two textures should meet. is there a setting I am not checking?

barnEbiss

I got it I had to set the texture to be clamped and now its seamless.

FrankB

so it's good now? Have you used the fill lights?

Frank