Stormy ocean on Youtube (Page 2)

Started by Hannes, August 13, 2010, 05:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Blewer

I have done some fluid animations using Blender. I think what you are trying to do is get the mesh to conform convincingly to the wave noise by volume. Then conform to the next wave noise. There are ways of doing this which do not need fluid dynamics yet still look convincing.
I'll be working in Blender later to see what I can come up with. The sequential meshes should be easy enough to import into the animation version of Terragen 2. It will still require PF's to make it convincing.
Your animation here is really awesome. Many people, and studios would be quite pleased with this.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Tangled-Universe

Sounds interesting Henry!
I hope you can come up with some proof of principles.

Since Blender is available to everyone, you might also consider sharing the blender-files along for everyone to play/tinker with.

Unfortunately TG2 is not able to load object sequences, so I'm afraid importing a mesh sequence is not possible.
An image-sequence is possible though.

Volker Harun

I made some minor tests today which showed me that I was on the false path.

I had to watch your clip once, twice, a lot of times ...

... the only thing that could be improved is the scale of the waves relative to the foam. For this amount of foam, the waves' scale is too small. Else it is a better than most parts of the other clips you linked to.
The scale of the dreamscape clip - at least the first few seconds - is a real beauty.

,-) Volker Harun