127 hours

Started by Tangled-Universe, March 19, 2011, 06:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

Recently saw this movie and it made me feel like doing these kind of images, again...
I'll explore the project for more nice POV's and post these as well.

Cheers,
Martin

FrankB

just great, Martin. Perfect. No critics from me at all. I looks very real to me.
Your're just excellent at these kind of scenes :)

Cheers,
Frank

jbest

It looks realistic already   8)
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

Hetzen

Please don't say this took 127 hours to render.

Tangled-Universe

Thanks guys :)

Quote from: Hetzen on March 19, 2011, 07:13:39 PM
Please don't say this took 127 hours to render.

Ghehe, no no :) I will tell you: my first test with detail 0.85, AA4 and GI 2/4/6 + SSPP + GISD took 127 minutes :D (and 34 seconds) No kidding!

This one took ~5 hours with even higher settings.

Oshyan

It's a really gorgeous image, extremely realistic. It would fit in very well with the movie (which has really stuck with me since I saw it a week or so ago...).

- Oshyan

Seth

very very good render !
just awesome

RArcher

Beautiful Martin, the colour contrasts are really nice.

chris_x422

Really natural looking displacement and top notch lighting Martin.

Brings back painful memories of the film, which was great.

volcomman1

looks very good!!

and yeah i saw this movie last week  ;D .. - very good movie

choronr

Just like some of the real life images in my neighborhood. Very inspirational work Martin; you've got me fired up for another.

Tangled-Universe

Thanks all :) Glad you like it :)

Unfortunately it's not good enough for Leigh the adminstrator of CGSociety.org to get posted there...
Ghehe, not surprising after accusing her publically on CGS of being too subjective and what not :)

FrankB

unbelievable. I'd like to meet that person at some point face to face. Really, I am curious as to what kind of weird thinking and values lead her to detest our art so much, and I'd like to hear that from her one day. She lives in London, doesn't she? Think I've read that somewhere.

inkydigit

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on March 21, 2011, 05:43:03 PM
Thanks all :) Glad you like it :)

Unfortunately it's not good enough for Leigh the adminstrator of CGSociety.org to get posted there...
Ghehe, not surprising after accusing her publically on CGS of being too subjective and what not :)
that is astonishing!
unbelievable ....
I wonder what the motivation for this attitude is?
btw, I love this scene, pure TG of the highest quality imho
:)