127 hours

Started by Tangled-Universe, March 19, 2011, 06:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr

Quote from: Tangled-Universe on March 21, 2011, 05:43:03 PM
Thanks all :) Glad you like it :)

Unfortunately it's not good enough for Leigh the adminstrator of CGSociety.org to get posted there...
Ghehe, not surprising after accusing her publically on CGS of being too subjective and what not :)
I sometimes think that if the software producer does not advertise there, they have nothing to do with you.

AP

Quote from: choronr on March 21, 2011, 07:00:55 PM
Thanks all :) Glad you like it :)

Unfortunately it's not good enough for Leigh the adminstrator of CGSociety.org to get posted there...
Ghehe, not surprising after accusing her publically on CGS of being too subjective and what not :)
I sometimes think that if the software producer does not advertise there, they have nothing to do with you.

If that is true which would not surprise me, then in there eyes, if Art does not have a profit motive or a brochure then it is deemed worthless. If the Arts are only limited to software sales connections and advertizements then what good is Art at it's core? No issue with making capital on one's Art and the software that helps produce it but Art is more then that as well. Some folks are way too narrow minded and in the Arts, narrow-thinking does not correlate at all.

Seth

WTF ?!
goddamn them all

Oshyan

I suggest posting it to an artistic landscape photography site with similar submission rules (i.e. quality control). If it gets accepted, well... ;D

- Oshyan

Walli

most sites with "quality control" are biased in the one or other direction. On some sites they show the tenthmillionst render of an Audi on some sort of gradient background, but if you send a landscape render, or a render of a plant, then this is not original enough, not what they are looking for, whatever.

Don´t care about it. In some cases they have some valid points, but overall I think it´s much easier to push a car render through ;-)

cyphyr

Grab a robot model (female of course) from turbosquid and droop it in, up the reflections and don't forget the lens flares, and CGTalk will accept it in no time!!

Seriously another great scene, beautifully lit and textured.

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Oshyan on March 21, 2011, 10:06:24 PM
I suggest posting it to an artistic landscape photography site with similar submission rules (i.e. quality control). If it gets accepted, well... ;D

- Oshyan

Yeah good idea...which site do you know/suggest? :)
Quote from: cyphyr on March 22, 2011, 05:00:16 AM
Grab a robot model (female of course) from turbosquid and droop it in, up the reflections and don't forget the lens flares, and CGTalk will accept it in no time!!

Seriously another great scene, beautifully lit and textured.

Richard

Thanks Richard :)

Ghehe yeah indeed :)
Coincidentially someone from Deviantart (Angelitoon) with a Vue/Max background asked to do a collab, to combine efforts for a sci-fi like scene.
I think this might be an opportunity to show if you're right!
I'm still browsing his gallery to see what we could combine...

Martin

volcomman1

Ghehe yeah indeed :)
Coincidentially someone from Deviantart (Angelitoon) with a Vue/Max background asked to do a collab, to combine efforts for a sci-fi like scene.
I think this might be an opportunity to show if you're right!
I'm still browsing his gallery to see what we could combine...

Martin

Respect.
angelitoon is a artist with many knowledge (25 years in digital art).  ;)

Tangled-Universe

For so long? I didn't know that. Thanks.

Anyhow, regardless of that I'm interested in doing so. If it results in anything then I'll definitely show it here :)

Cheers,
Martin

Matt

Why not post it in the WIP section and invite criticism from other CGSociety members. As users of one software we often become quite focused. Instead of taking it personally, consider the possibility that maybe to a non-Terragen observer it isn't such an interesting piece overall? CGSociety is well within its rights to set the bar as high as it wants.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Tangled-Universe

Seth

Do you think this is better quality than Martin's render ?
or even that ?
or this one ?

mmmh... I think this is only because it comes from TG2, not because of the "high standard" of the website.

FrankB

Quote from: Seth on March 26, 2011, 05:25:04 PM
Do you think this is better quality than Martin's render ?
or even that ?
or this one ?

mmmh... I think this is only because it comes from TG2, not because of the "high standard" of the website.

I agree with what you are trying to say with this.... Although Matt is right, too. Now, how can you AND Matt be right? Simple: Leigh is not cgsociety. Her judgement is just a misguided part of cgsociety. I know that the other moderators there are not always in agreement with her decisions.

Still Matt's suggestion to post in WIP is a good one.

Regards,
Frank

Tangled-Universe

RArcher

From the perspective of someone who has also had a few renders rejected, I can see part of where they are coming from.  For your particular image, other than the landscape (which in itself is amazing) there is no particular point of interest to someone looking at the image looking for a meaning.  In all of the examples Franck posted, even though the images themselves may not be particularly spectacular, each one does have a focus point, or something going on in the image that draws attention.

On a photography forum I am sure your image would be embraced for what it is, but for a board like Cgsociety where nearly ever image has to be packed full of imagery and focus points it doesn't fit in as well.  This holds true for most of my images as well.