Tire tracks

Started by Dune, March 27, 2011, 12:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Blewer

I seem to remember that wet dirt tends to curl where it has been squeezed out of the tire ruts.
It's the only real bad thing I can think of. Sorry Ulco. It's really very good. :'(
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Kadri

Looks very good , Dune  :)
You know it too , but i think the only thing you could add is some soil patches  (broken ,fallen ones) in the middle on the tracks .
( Couldn't quite understand but this is the same what Njeneb says above maybe)

j meyer

And while you're at it you should change the tire pattern,that smooth/flat
middlepart looks soooo wrong ;),to me at least.

Henry Blewer

It's like when a kid uses a Play Dough factory. The mud gets squeezed up the tire sides, clumps, then falls off into a sort of solid tube shape. Pieces do end up in the track itself also.

ajcgi

Quote from: masonspappy on March 29, 2011, 06:10:32 AM
Excellent! This could easily be mistaken for a photograph

I was sceptical on that til I looked closer. A bit more colour correction and that genuinely is a superb bit of terragen work.

Dune

I know about the tire profile. Who'd know I'd be studying tire tracks  :D Here's another version, but I get the impression the stalks don't really follow the sinus rows, have to check that more careful. And the loose bits of squeezed mud are an interesting challenge as well.

j meyer

I'm sure you'll get your graduation in tiretrackology soon. ;D

Henry Blewer

The latest render is really awesome! This reminds me of being a young teenager and working on various farms.

jbest

Looks really awesome Ulco. Very believeable.
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

Dune

Still have to change tires, and get the stalks on the tops instead of in the 'valleys', but the rotation is a fact. The displacement is a bit too much on the tops.

Matt

Specular on the vehicle is too rough. If you're going for a dirty/dusty look on the car, dirt doesn't increase roughness of the specular, it masks its intensity. The specular itself should have a very low roughness to create a very tight highlight.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Tangled-Universe

Very realistic work Ulco, I really like it!
Nice fence model too. Did you model it yourself?

Cheers,
Martin

inkydigit

great job Ulco, also reminds me of the years i spent working in the Bollenstreek near the dunes...great scene!

Dune

Thanks guys, and you were just in time, Matt, I was just starting another render, but changed the reflection roughness from 0.1 to 0.02. It's an added reflective shader (RT) after which some dirt PF. Next one will also have better tire tracks and puddles of water.
@Martin: self modeled, indeed.

Dune

Somehow this render took ages (3x the last one), and it might be the water, although masked out (but slightly curved with the soil). It may also be the more reflectiveness in the lower parts...