Tire tracks

Started by Dune, March 27, 2011, 12:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jo

Cool stuff Ulco :-).

Gannaingh

Ulco, the things you do with terragen are just awesome to watch!

airflamesred

freelancah

Awesome Ulco. It's a thought provoking stuff. Both visual and procedural wise

choronr

So real. Yet, I would be tempted to not have the crops look like crops (in rows); but, rather go for random patches of weeds. In all, this is an extra special piece.

choronr

Just another thought; I would like to see a Mars scene with the tracks of the Rover plowing along the terrain (or should I say the Marain).

Dune

QuoteMars scene with the tracks of the Rover
No problem  ;)

I made some other maize stumps, with dried leaves on it, might just do another one, although I'm busy again with my trains now.

Dune

Well, you supplied me with an idea. Does this look like Mars a bit? With reference picture in the next post.

Dune

from the internet, I liked the 'vulcanic' looking rocks.

ajcgi

Insane details. Great mud shading. ;)

choronr

Ulco, this is exciting ... the colors; atmo, surface and rocks are right on. - and, those tracks are amazing. Sure wish you could teach us how to produce them.

Dune

Here's a better render. I read that the Mars atmo is kind of dusty. Plucked a Rover from the web, but I haven't changed the glass and such yet. Just dumped it on the surface. I am thinking about how to make the 'flakes' that stick out in the reference photo....

The tracks are a photoshop painted square mask, set to 0.6m wide, repeated Y-wise, fed through a transform shader to get the second track, and then warped. This whole set is duplicated and the warping fractal (or Perlin 3D for smoother effect) slightly changed, so you get front and back wheels slightly different in corners (like in real life). Then merge it all together. This should get you on track  ;)

Henry Blewer

Very nice. It's difficult to tell if this is rendered or a photo. It looks very much like the test area photos from JPL.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

choronr

Thanks Ulco for this explanation. This iteration of your image is very good. I can visualize an image where the Rover is at the edge of a deep crater with tracks behind.

dandelO

Always on the outer reaches of breaking the reality barrier, Ulco! Great stuff over the last few weeks!