Terragen 2.3 Released with 64 bit Support

Started by Matt, April 20, 2011, 11:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

I believe there have been some adjustments/fixes to certain rendering characteristics, but the results should be an improvement and render time should generally be the same or faster for the 64 bit version vs 2.2 32 bit. In this case the 2.3 image does look better to me, what do you think? Did you record render times for these?

- Oshyan

microwar

2:01 on 2.2.22.1 with 768354 micro-triangles
1:53 on 2.3 with 773683 micro-triangles

Oshyan

That sounds about right. So what are your thoughts on which is better detail-wise?

- Oshyan

microwar

Think the quality is bether on the newer version.
More details at same setting. Notised a dark spot showing up in senter at the last render, but on the top part it looks mutch smoother.

This was a very simple scene with only surface layers controlled by angle + DandelO's Planetary Grass Shader.
Someone needs to make a tutorial for creating realistic mountains. Still fumbling in the dark there.

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

ndeewolfwood

Holly sh**. Why did i say to my boss that i was available this week end...
:-X 
Thanks for your work planetside, it's a major update and changelog turn me wet.

Next target is the animation module, right ?

masonspappy

Oshyan

choronr

Looking forward to my next project with this update ...thank you Planetside.

ndeewolfwood

QuoteCorrect.

cool. render farm standby and ready to burn.

Zairyn Arsyn

:) 8)
Quote from: Oshyan on April 22, 2011, 05:25:20 PM
Quote from: ndeewolfwood on April 22, 2011, 06:40:44 AM
Next target is the animation module, right ?

Correct. :)

- Oshyan
good, everything is going according to plan.
(sinister grin) :D
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Henry Blewer

Has anyone else tried the new landmark object? It's very handy for judging scales and getting distances right.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Markal

After installing the newest version I noticed some of my files were missing. Some files I had saved under the main Planetside folder. There were over 50 or so...now after install I see 26 files. I had a New Work folder under the planetside folder with over 30 files and now I see only 8. I also lost clip files that I had left under the main Planetside folder. All the TGO files under the folder of the same name didn't loose anything...all my TGO's are still there. Does anyone know what would cause this....were the files overwritten if they are still on my hard-drive I can't find them using Terragen...any thoughts?

Oshyan

Did you install the 64 bit version or 32 bit? The 64 bit version installs to a different folder, so that may be why. Also what operating system are you using?

In general I would not recommend using program installation folders for data storage. This is particularly frowned upon with Vista and newer Windows versions.

- Oshyan

jo

Hi njeneb,

Quote from: njeneb on April 26, 2011, 11:49:03 AM
Has anyone else tried the new landmark object? It's very handy for judging scales and getting distances right.

I didn't think of that, it's a good use :-). I thought it would be handy for defining points of interest around the landscape. If you want to move a camera to one quickly you can use the "Snap to object or shader" submenu from the 3D Preview context menu or Reset Camera button.

Regards,

Jo