Terragen 2.3 Released with 64 bit Support

Started by Matt, April 20, 2011, 11:07:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Blewer

The landscape object can be used to mark significant keyframes also. I have done this in Blender. But for the Deep Edition I use, usuing these for scale is a big help.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

freelancah

Hmm.. I just noticed the new node palette editor and thought of something from another program.. It would be nice to have a similar system of that of houdini. There you press TAB in the node window and it pops you a similar node palette but the difference is that it has a search function. You type the first letters of the node and it finds it for you, instead of browsing for stuff manually. Basically all you use is: TAB, type couple of letters, and press enter and it gives you the node.

chefc

Nice  update Thanks Planetside as always a great update
Chef C  ;)

Serving the masses  8)

Matt

Quote from: freelancah on April 28, 2011, 07:43:45 am
Hmm.. I just noticed the new node palette editor and thought of something from another program.. It would be nice to have a similar system of that of houdini. There you press TAB in the node window and it pops you a similar node palette but the difference is that it has a search function. You type the first letters of the node and it finds it for you, instead of browsing for stuff manually. Basically all you use is: TAB, type couple of letters, and press enter and it gives you the node.


That is on my wishlist too :)
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Matt

Markal, that is strange. I wouldnt expect that to happen. Have you tried windows search for any of the missing files? Maybe there is a recent restore point you can go back to if they really are gone.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Oshyan

Restore points should not affect document/data files, only program files. Although I guess if they were in the program directory they might have been saved as part of a restore point. I agree though that a full system search is a good idea to try to see if the files are anywhere else. Unfortunately Windows Vista and 7 have terrible file search in my experience, so I'd recommend using a 3rd party Explorer replacement or search tool. Something like Xplorer2: http://www.zabkat.com/x2lite.htm

- Oshyan

MarshallAndrew

Hi Guys... First of all this is my first post. And my q is;

Any news on 64bit free version?  ???

Oshyan

We don't have a specific release date for 2.3 free version, but they usually follow 1-2 months after the release to licensed users.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: njeneb on April 26, 2011, 11:49:03 am
Has anyone else tried the new landmark object? It's very handy for judging scales and getting distances right.


Is that aside from the very hand null object?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bobbystahr

Not to be a nag or anything but it's been 2 months and one day since the new version came out...were we bad?, heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

The free version is currently in testing. Coming soon.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on June 21, 2011, 01:12:56 pm
The free version is currently in testing. Coming soon.

- Oshyan

Just curious as I would have assumed it was tested before it was released to the paying users...all it needed was some restrictions ie: render size and detail/AA added in.. ...or is there other stuff free users won't be allowed access to?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Tangled-Universe

Sometimes issues do show up, besides that the testers need time to test or need time to run into problems as they often show up during regular use.
Like Oshyan said it's being tested now so be patient :)

jo

Hi Bobby,

Quote from: bobbystahr on June 29, 2011, 10:36:30 am
Just curious as I would have assumed it was tested before it was released to the paying users...all it needed was some restrictions ie: render size and detail/AA added in.. ...or is there other stuff free users won't be allowed access to?


We like to run every release we make past the testers, even if the changes are very slight. This helps to give us confidence in new releases and saves both us and you time in the case something untoward happens with the release package which would otherwise mean we'd have to follow up quickly with a new release. Often when it comes time for a public release the last test is just to make sure the installer is working and basic stuff like that.

Regards,

Jo

Matt

Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.