In the Forest - Final

Started by Gannaingh, January 24, 2011, 11:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gannaingh

Thank you for all the comments, hopefully it won't take too long before I can get the next (and possibly final) version to you.

choronr

The ground coverage with vegetation is very good here as are the addition of the spruce trees.

Gannaingh

Here is the final. I've changed the placement of the shrubs to be a bit more interesting and I've increased the density and size of the grass. Given how fast this one rendered I may have to come back to it and render it much larger.

http://gannaingh32.deviantart.com/#/d38w4h3

choronr

That is a marvelous composition; and, it makes excellent use of the vegetation. Like those Spruce models.

Gannaingh

FrankB

Oh yeah, this final render is fantastic! Well done!  :)

Frank

Gannaingh

Naoo

Hi darthvader1

Outstanding nice use of wonderful plants!

ciao
Naoo

bobbystahr

Quote from: darthvader1 on January 26, 2011, 11:55:05 AM
Here's the second version that was output as an EXR where I then adjusted the highlights and shadows. It seems very drab to me, the colors just don't pop...probably due to something I did in the editing process. I tried to rework the trees to let more light into the scene but I don't really like the result. Overall, I'd say that I like the first version better.

[attachthumb=#]

Volker mentioned some atmosphere/light fog...it would help a lot I think in this much brighter image.. ...ooops...I see you've done that but didn't see a thumb in the thread so wrongly assumed wrong..heh heh heh..well done...the fog does the trick indeed.. ...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Seth