WIP: Pacific Fleet

Started by dhavalmistry, April 09, 2007, 10:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhavalmistry

A fleet in Pacific ocean waiting orders

the ship doesnt have textures so I had to go for this kinda shot

I used the population on the ships so they are not in formation...

I am also looking for some plane models to add in the sky....

comments and critics welcome!  :)
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

old_blaggard

I feel that to make the dark ships look more realistic, you should decrease the overall lighting of the rest of the image a little bit.  I really like your clouds and water, and the ships look quite detailed even though they lack textures.  I'll be interested to see where you do with this.
http://www.terragen.org - A great Terragen resource with models, contests, galleries, and forums.

DiscoBall

Good job!

Yeah you may need to make the turrets a bit more 'metallic' and grey-ish, instead of being..white..and standing out :Pp

Great job though, keep it up!
The clouds fit perfectly with this picture ;)

dhavalmistry

Quote from: DiscoBall on April 09, 2007, 11:47:53 AM
Good job!

Yeah you may need to make the turrets a bit more 'metallic' and grey-ish, instead of being..white..and standing out :Pp

Great job though, keep it up!
The clouds fit perfectly with this picture ;)

making turrets grayish isnt in my hands....that is how it is in the model....actually the ship has textures but in total there are 40 and TG2 can only load 16 at this time....
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

rcallicotte

dh - you can do the thing where you split up the object into many TGOs.  There's an explanation around here about that somewhere.  In effect, you split up the textures per TG2 object.  In this case, you would use 3 objects to include all 40 of your textures.

As to your drawing, I like it and yet agree with the need to work with getting a balance in the lighting.  Yet, there's something very 50ish poster-boy about this and I like it.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

king_tiger_666

great atmosphere to the render. kinda looks like a painting to me. but that's all good ;D ;D ;D

<a href="www.hobbies.nzaus.co.nz/">My  Terragen Downloads & Gallery</a>