Buying terragen 2 without xfrog and animation

Started by vaaern, December 03, 2011, 10:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaaern

So, I'm basically searching for a application that can render cool 3D landscapes for a 'project' with a friend. This application needs landscapes (duh), good atmospheres, water and plants. I've been using the free versions of both terragen 2 and vue. But I'm stuck between buying terragen 2 (without plants) or vue 10 studio. I'm leaning towards terragen much more then vue, because it's easier to use (and doesn't crash as often). But my question, can I buy terragen 2 without xfrog, and say after few months buy xfrog stand alone and use it together with terragen 2? I feel that plants are going to make a large part of this project, but I'm not sure if terragen is the best choice then. (vue has it's botanica module that can, according to site, do the same as xfrog). I'm also not very sure about the water.

I hope I explained things like I had in mind (translating from dutch to English), I hope I get an answer from someone, thanks in advance!

Oshyan

Xfrog Plants come in OBJ format which TG2 supports. So you could either buy a specific pack of plants later, or even individual ones, and use them in TG2. The bundle plants come in TGO format, but the only potential advantage there is automatically correct scaling, and we provide an Xfrog-specific OBJ loading option to get proper scale anyway. There are also some newer Xfrog libraries with even higher quality. For ultimate plant quality there are also some great options at NWDA and Silva3D.

- Oshyan