Dirt Road (while we're at it)

Started by Dune, February 21, 2012, 03:55:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

This is more or less what I saw in the Hockney documentary, a wet dirt road going uphill. This is a version without thick woods on either side, which the doc footage had. I like the maintenance patterns of Scottish moors, which I tried to get in. I only have to change the grayish shrub, and find out why there are gray spots between the gravel (which was completely filled with fake stones).

inkydigit

nicely inspired...looking forward to the next iteration!
:)

Jonathan

Great image Ulco - really captures the essence of a Scottish moor :)
Every problem is an opportunity, but there are so many opportunities it is a problem!

choronr

Looking good except maybe less reflectivity on the tracks; but, maybe one might consider that it just rained here - then, the reflections are justified.

Dune

It just rained  ;) But that gives me the idea that there should be more sparkle everywhere. And I might roughen the track a little, or make two overlapping tracks.

Hannes

Very nice mood. I've never been to Scotland, but it looks like in my imagination  ;D
Maybe the "gray spots" between the fake stones is just the reflection of the sky on the flat areas between the stones?

Dune

No, it's probably a smoothing artifact. I'll report back.

TheBadger

I really like the sky and atmo Dune. Its got a great feel and looks real. I would like to know if you found, that you must have the sun in the background (as apposed to behind the camera or left or right) in order to get that effect.?
It has been eaten.

Dune

Here the sun is directly opposite. I usually like having the sun a bit opposite, certainly not in the back. Something I learned as a photographer as well. It gives the best shadow/light play, IMO. But it's more tricky to work out. You can use multiple suns, each doing their 'thing'.

Dune

Dune

mhaze

A few tuffs of grass in the muddy bit and put the puddles back in and this is a masterpiece!

freelancah

Kadri

For me the distant part of the road looks good in the update 2.
Combine it with the close part of the update 1 it would look very nice.
But i am not sure if you are after that kind of look Ulco :)

choronr

I'm in agreement with Kadri. The water rolls downhill filling the tracks with rain. Less reflectivity uphill; more reflectivity downhill. Looking real good Ulco!