What do I need to open the update its in .MSI

Started by Cyber-Angel, April 17, 2012, 05:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber-Angel

As per the title what is it I need to do to open the update file? I have Vista Business (32bit) and I ran the  Cheek for Updates feature and downloaded the update file to my desktop, I double clicked on the icon (Icon for the installer is plane white with no Planetside logo on it) and windows automatically sent me to the windows.com file association page, because it dosen't know what to do with .msi file format or what program it should open with.

Any advice for getting the installer to run would be appreciated.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel   

Oshyan

MSI files are Microsoft Installer files. If you don't have a system association for them, then something is seriously out of whack with your system. You may need to install/update the Microsoft Installer (Vista should come with it though), or you may have had the association stolen by some other application. In either case you'll need to look for general information on fixing that association before you can continue.

The other possibility is that the download did not complete correctly. You can try re-downloading with a different browser, or after clearing your cache.

- Oshyan

Cyber-Angel

Hi Oshyan,

I managed to get the installer working by using an .MSI to .EXE converter (Sorry if that's breaking any rules) just couldn't get it to work other wise, I tried downloading the file with both Internet Explorer and Chrome and could not get it to work, I cheeked the version of Microsoft Installer and its the latest version so I don''t understand what was going on.

The .MSI upon downloading when clicked on just opened the windows "Open With" dialog telling me that the call trigger to execute the install wizard is not activating on that file for some reason on my system: it can't be a general problem as other users have installed it on their systems.

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel       

Oshyan

Glad to hear you worked it out. Very strange problem indeed. Have you installed any other software from MSI before/recently?

- Oshyan

Cyber-Angel

Quote from: Oshyan on April 18, 2012, 05:41:27 PM
Glad to hear you worked it out. Very strange problem indeed. Have you installed any other software from MSI before/recently?

- Oshyan

I think so, yes! If so it would have been a long time ago, what it was I don't recall. The .MSI extension caught me off guard a little as I'm so use to seeing installers with the .EXE extension, that though is by and by.

Thank you for you assistance though I shall investigate further!

Regards to you.

Cyber-Angel