Ponte Salario

Started by Dune, October 09, 2012, 07:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Its definitely worthy of an animation, Ulco. A lot of nice details in this scene.

The only thing I don't like is that little tunnel on the bank. The arch does not look right. But that is my only complaint.

Good stuff man!
It has been eaten.

Dune

La Grande Finale at 5000px wide and AA8 detail 0.75 (soft shadows 0.8 samples 5). Some 100% crops and a total reduced. I'm quite satisfied. There were some stones which weren't ok, so I did some post cloning, but not too much. Some areas of grass would have been better with 'real' grass, but ok.

Up to something else.

Credits to PIXELPLOW.NET for an outstanding and fast job!

masonspappy

Ulco, that is absolutly beautiful. Wonderfull image!

Tangled-Universe

Wow, simply amazing work Ulco!
My only super-small tiny crit would be that it looks slightly underexposed (here at work on my Dell-screen, though) and that increasing exposure and increasing contrast a bit along could emphasize the nice striking light on the trees on the left.
Else, like I said, awesome image :)

Cheers,
Martin

bla bla 2

otakar

The dead stuff is superb now. Another exceptional project completed. If it were me I'd replace that running man with someone more in period garb, but that's more of a detail.

chris_x422

really nice work Ulco! well done mate!

Chris

Oshyan

Wow, lots of awesome detail! I agree with Martin that it seems a bit underexposed to me, but that may be a personal preference (though note that I didn't find the previous versions to be particularly dark).

Nice work!

- Oshyan

mhaze

Superb! Brilliant detail, mood and colour. Wow

Bjur

Super!
Especially the water and bridge-textures looking awesome for me.
The picture makes me want to climb a horse and hunting dragons btw..
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

Dune

;D ;D Thanks guys. This thought me that it's interesting to pick a reference (building or landscape) and work something out from there. As for the darkness; I agree, but that's easy to change. And the guy is the only proper model I had that I could dump on that road. I'm not a person modeler (not good enough). He's running after his father on the wagon, who forgot his lunch  ;)

Jo Kariboo

Very impressing !!! Very nice composition !!!

Icegrip

Impressive Ulco, nice to follow the progress being made. Animation would be cool  8)

otakar

Even better now. Another one to print out...

Henry Blewer

I liked the little chapel in the distance. This is really awesome. Are you modeling your own trees now? The two dead ones look very good.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T