Ponte Salario

Started by Dune, October 09, 2012, 07:44:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inkydigit

looks awesome Ulco...though is it me, or is the bridge really steep?
:)

Dune

It is very steep, these guys must have had a hard time getting their loads across. You can see in the painting, first page, that it's steep as well.

Henry Blewer

It was probably a toll bridge at some point. Awesome renders. The road does look much better.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Dune

I'll post until you're all sick of me  ;D Here's another view. It's ready for animation now, something Oshyan will dive into soon. So hopefully early next year....

Oshyan

Love the lighting and haze on that last one!

- Oshyan

Dune

Thanks. I'll leave it as it is then, when I send it over.

Oshyan

Yes, perfect for an early morning shot. :)

- Oshyan

mhaze

Tangled-Universe

The last one is a great one Ulco!

zaxxon

The atmosphere creates a wonderful mood in a classic scene.  And the torrent provides not only compositional interest (and technical interestl!), but infuses an otherwise tranquil setting with a nicely measured degree of energy. Beautiful!

Henry Blewer

You have done so much great work. This is definitely my favorite.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Dune

Thanks guys. The only thing I changed after this render is the extent of wetness along the stream. It is a bit too much here. And you might have noticed that the range of trees in the distance doesn't cover the right hand side. Remnant from the earlier view.

TheBadger

Looks great Ulco. Haze is really working for me too. Seems to help add a lot of depth, or character to the image.

QuoteIt's ready for animation now, something Oshyan will dive into soon. So hopefully early next year....
Is that the really the tentative render schedule, or are you guys just teasing a little?

Really, the worst part about 3D work is not the learning curves, or the complex software interactions, or the costs involved. Its the waiting to see new stuff ;)
No complaint, I hate waiting between eposodes of my favorite TV shows too ;D

Looking forward to the sequence Ulco and Oshyan. Good luck!
It has been eaten.

Dune

Thanks for your support, Michael. This haze is something I didn't know until one of you guys (who?) posted about a localized cloud layer without PF as local haze. Works fine!

I can't stand waiting either, being very impatient myself. I want something and I want it now! So I understand you very well. Oshyan will do a great job, I'm sure, as he did with the Garden of Eternity. And he has a certain deadline  8)   ;) ...

Oshyan

Many lessons learned on the Garden of Eternity (and tools improved through time) will help this one come about much quicker. :D

- Oshyan