warp shader ?

Started by bla bla 2, November 26, 2012, 12:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bla bla 2

Bonjour, à quoi sert le node, warp shader, je n'ai pas du tout compris le fonctionnement, pouvez-vous m'expliquer ?

Hello, what is the node, warp shader, I did not understood how can you explain ?

(google translate.)

:)  ;)

Dune

Experiment with this file. Warping means bending, so basically you can bend existing shapes by the combination of a warp shader and something to bend your input (in this case a simple shader) with; a vector displacement shader + some color function (in this case a power fractal). The simple shape needs the setting it has now, not final position! Or it won't warp.

bla bla 2

Et, que peut on faire d'autre avec le warp shader ? Je suis en train de faire des tests, sur le fichier que vous avez passer.

And what can one do with the warp shader ? I'm doing some tests on the file that you pass.

(google translate.)

Tangled-Universe

Try it with clouds for example.
You can make clouds look like they are being displaced by wind, using a warp shader.

Another example (probably Dune's example) is to warp a straight line into a curved line.
This way you can create a curly road or river.

There are many possibilities!

Hetzen

The Warp shader is used to displace texture, be that a fractal, image, or simple shape shader. Anything that lives in texture space (which includes clouds).

You need to drive the warper input with something that gives you directional displacement, which is either a Redirect Shader (which needs a displacement in one of the x,y,z inputs) or Vector Displacement Shader (which only requires a value in x,y,z).

This is quite a powerfull tool. You can use it to 'sex' up bitmap textures by 'warping' them, so that as you get close to seeing the pixel blurring as you get closer to the texture, you can add further interest/resolution by adding noise to the now large pixel edges. (I'm not sure this makes much sense. Think planet or satelite photographs as ground textures.)

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Hetzen on November 27, 2012, 11:44:56 AM
You need to drive the warper input with something that gives you directional displacement, which is either a Redirect Shader (which needs a displacement in one of the x,y,z inputs) or Vector Displacement Shader (which only requires a value in x,y,z).

You can also warp with a powerfractal without a redirect or vector displacement shader. The latter is not yet available if I recall correctly Jon ;)

Dune

Vector not available? Then my file won't work. You'd need the redirect shader and use the displacement of the PF, or the color and an additional displacement shader. But you can't use a power fractal alone to warp (can you, Martin?, are you sure... how?), without the redirect.

bla bla 2

C'est intérressant avec le node Cloud. Peut-on déformer le Cloud, comme cassé les angles ?

It is interresting with Cloud node. Can we deform the Cloud, such as broken angles ?

(google translate.)