Coastal scene

Started by Dune, February 24, 2013, 03:27:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Irish perhaps. Made some simple auks to go along with it.

bla bla 2

C'est une texture pour les rochers ?

This is a texture for the rocks ?

Dune

What is? The auks? No, auks are birds (google 'auk'). And actually they're razorbills....

bla bla 2

Ce qui est rose au bord de l'eau. C'est une texture ?

What is pink at the edge of the water. This is a texture ?

ratfugel

Begorrah, I'm simply dazzled by the second one.  I think I'll take up golf.

rat.

Dune

There is some sparse pink color in the rocks indeed.

cyphyr

Instantly recognisable as Inishmore in the Aran Isles. (Or at least inspired by there) A very distinctive landscape. Looking  forward to where you go with this. Are the walls done with an image or procedurally?
:)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

bla bla 2

C'est surement fait avec le warp shader.

Dune

No, no warp this time  ;) It's an image map. I tried to make decent lines procedurally, but this was easier. I think with a stack of simple shapes and a proper (squarish) warper, I could do it procedurally, though.
I'm not sure whether I take this further, although I'm not happy with the photographic quality and the cliffs, a.o. Time to work on something else.

EDIT: possible

TerrMite

Beautiful colours, good depth, good foam on the water and very good scale.

I really like the colour on the cliffs, makes it look like granite.

Most of all I like the depth and how the light falls on the coloured cliffs in the background.

Good one Dune.

Cheers

TheBadger

I thought of Ireland too when I looked at the image. Then I read your post. So I would say it works.
Never been to leprechaun land though, just liked the movie far and away a lot.
It has been eaten.

PabloMack

Quote from: Dune on February 24, 2013, 07:51:40 AMThere is some sparse pink color in the rocks indeed.

I didn't realize that the Irish cliffs have so much feldspar.

Dune

I just used some nice colors, didn't dive into rock specialties. It's about the walls, actually. But you're right; I have to take care to strive for realism, also in that respect.