Started by Dune, March 30, 2013, 01:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajcgi

Wow this is starting to look very real indeed. Loving the purple fields.

TheBadger

its looking great Ulco. Nice work  :o
It has been eaten.

Gannaingh

Beautiful work here, as always. The trees are perfectly lit.

Tangled-Universe

Great stuff Ulco!
I think this one could use a bit more blue sky density to add some extra depth and variation in tone?
What else are you planning to put into this one?

Dune

Thanks Martin. I'll try that. First I have to get rid of the frustration that I possibly received a wrong map to work from, so that means drawing all masks again.... some people think it's easy  >:(
There will be some more farms and sheds and stuff, a steam train (unless the map is wrong and there wasn't a railroad yet), some wagons and people, the latter possibly drawn in in the final render.

cyphyr

I used to have a sign above my desk.

"I don't do "JUST" ..."

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Tangled-Universe

Ah man, that's so super-annoying indeed!

Hannes

Dune

Yes, wrong maps, so another day's work. Now adding details.....
Any comments for improvement?

ajcgi

Ah man, some clients are sent to test us!
The only crit from me is that some of the fractals in your grass and purple areas are quite contrasty. I think it's the darker areas I'm finding distracting.
That aside it's motoring along nicely. :)

otakar

God, the trees look so good, great variation! But no elevation changes, no hills, heaps, anything? Maybe that's the location... How big are your maps to get this much detail into the render?

Dune

Well, this is Holland, flat. My maps are quite small, just big enough; 2K square. But for tiny roads it should be twice that, I think.

The fractals in the purple areas represent different vegetation types on heathland, which I'm quite satisfied about. The grass is different, maybe you're right.

Dune

Some updates; changed the wild variation in meadows to somewhat less wild, added trees, buildings, smoke of the tiny steam train painted in (I made a very low poly steam train for the occasion, as its distant anyway).

Jo Kariboo

Very impressive work !  :)

DannyG

Thats topnotch work Ulco
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram