Started by Dune, March 30, 2013, 01:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

mhaze

You get better and better!!!

efflux

This is really good. The trees are exceptionally well done.

Dune

Finished this project.... up to the next. The client didn't want the cloud shadows, unfortunately. So it's a little bleak, but ok.

masonspappy

That's quite impressive.

choronr

I agree with you Ulco, the cloud shadows provide better definition; but, you've got to please the customer.

TheBadger

looks great Ulco!
It has been eaten.

Jonathan

I am in awe of your skill with TG - would that I had the time and intelligence to be able to work so well with masks :)
Every problem is an opportunity, but there are so many opportunities it is a problem!

inkydigit

astonishing amount of detail and work... I liked the cloud shadows too!
:)

Dune

So did I, but they had to go  :(

New commission starting; the year 2050. The last really old forest in Holland was cut down in 1870, and what remained were some pathetic fields and ditches and now a highway running straight through it. Sad, actually, but that's Holland. Now they want to restore some of it, and I am to make it believable. First test...

Hannes

That looks awesome! Maybe some of the trees are a little bit oversaturated and I think soft shadows could add a lot to realism.

Jo Kariboo

Very great set up again !!! Agree with Hannes for some oversatured tree. I like the haze effect too in this last image !  :)

choronr

These aerial POVs you create are sensational. Agree with the crits above; but, you will no doubt improve on it as you go along.   

Dune

Thanks, guys. That's the sort of comment I need, about the trees saturation. Any advice is always welcome. But it's a WIP, and mostly I don't do fancy stuff like soft shadows to test. Although in this next iteration I did. Took 90 minutes to render @0.65 AA6.
I don't know if the person needing this will be satisfied with the tree rows, as he's very vague about maps. I have to delve through all sorts of reports to find out what they really want. So it might change completely.

Hannes

The shadows look much better now!
But imho these trees are still way too green. I think from this distance looking through some miles of atmosphere colours wouldn't look that saturated. Maybe I'm wrong, but they look a bit like plastic.