Tower and Trees *Update Page 3*

Started by RArcher, July 01, 2013, 02:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RArcher

Thanks everyone.  Ulco, the rocks are just the internal sphere object distorted and textured.  The cracks are from some very large scale voronoi.

j meyer

inkydigit

awesome displacements and towers Ryan!
can you get vertigo whilst standing on the ground??
these almost make me dizzy!
:)
J

RArcher

Here is a smaller lower res test, same set up as previous but from an alternate point of view.  This POV gives a better sense of the difference in scale for each tower.

TheBadger

I like this last comp a good bit better. But now I can really see that the right most tower in really to big, I think. Looks nice though, just crazy big.
It has been eaten.

otakar

Very cool stuff, the last one is just great.

Bjur

Aww, i like it a lot in all aspects!

Madagascar comes into my mind. The home of lots of rly strange looking rock structures and plants/trees..
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

Hannes

The lighting is incredible! Looking forward to put my hands on TG3. We need a drooling smiley here!
Ah, got one...

mhaze

Wow! The last one is amazing! great light and a wonderful feeling of scale.

Jo Kariboo

Beautiful rocky creation. The first right of its close distance seems to me less realistic. Nice refreshing light !

RArcher

Maybe the final update here.  Similar to the last POV but much lower on the ground with some other things going on.  Here is a list of everything in the image:

6 Internal Sphere objects - distorted and textured.
Flock of Birds from Hannes
5 Elephant models posed in DAZ years ago
1 Baobab tree from the Xfrog Africa DVD
3 populations of Umbrella_Acacia from the Xfrog Africa DVD
1 population of Arrow_Poison from the Xfrog Africa DVD
2 populations of Egyption_Carissa from the Xfrog Africa DVD
2 populations of Dry_Grasspatch from Walli
1 population of Ryegrass from Walli
1 population of Dirt_Cluster from Walli

Dune

Terrific! It all comes together nicely. The elephants give it a very good sense of scale. Almost frightening, these huge rock outbursts. If they're termite hills, beware!

Saurav

The last one is great, love the sense of scale and the details on the rock towers. What were your render settings in the render node? GI, quality, AA etc.

FrankB

Gannaingh

These are beautiful! I'm loving the lighting in the shadows