Tower and Trees *Update Page 3*

Started by RArcher, July 01, 2013, 02:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Oh, I'm really still impressed by the lighting! This is wonderful!

yossam

I am assuming this was rendered in Terragen 3. The lighting is fantastic................gimme, gimme, gimme.

Bjur

Even greater POV, niceee!

You could try or test some reddish sands/ground now for more color variation. This could underline/bring out even more the elephants and rocks and it's structures..

~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

choronr

Absolutely beautiful; and, you've got my enthusiasm going. Been playing with my distorted sphere files trying to get the colors/textures to work properly - no luck so far; but, I'll need to wait for TG3 I guess. You said 'internal sphere', I assume that is new to TG3?

TheBadger

Looks real good! The large tower on the right side now makes more sense to me. Did you change it? Or is just reading better now because of all the other elements are helping with scale?
The animal helps a ton, for me.
It has been eaten.

efflux

This is looking really good but to be honest I'd tame the rocks down a bit. I like the spikey smaller ones and maybe some big ones like a hill but with the trees and elephants etc, the big surreal overhangs look a little out of place.

RArcher

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Saurav: Detail 0.9, AA 8, GI 2/4, GISD 2/2

Bob: You can absolutely make the towers in TG2 using the sphere object.  Just warp the spheres using some power fractals and maybe a redirect shader and then texture them.

Badger: Not much changed with the tower on the right, just the sunlight postion and the lower camera.  Must be because of the additional elements helping with the scale.

RArcher

Black and White square format of the Baobab and one of the rock towers.

RArcher

Re-postworked the previous full size render to give it a more "photographic" feel.  Major colour grading, a tiny depth of field, a little chromatic abberation and a little touch of film grain.

Oshyan

Love that black and white treatment, looks like infrared. :D

- Oshyan

choronr

Wish you were my neighbor ...fantastic work Ryan.

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Saurav

I might be the only one here but I prefer the one without the photograhic filters applied on the colour versions. The previous render had a nice light quality about it, I feel the filter flattens the lighting and reduces the dynamic range (highlight details) of the render quite a bit. B&W is very nice though.  :)

Hannes

I totally agree with Saurav. In my opinion the postwork was a bit over the top. I preferred the previous ones too.

FrankB

yeah, you lost it a bit over post working this :-)