Tower and Trees *Update Page 3*

Started by RArcher, July 01, 2013, 02:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tangled-Universe

I "fourth" this :P

The one Saurav referred to was of eerie good quality.

RArcher

Fair enough!  I might take another swing or two at it... there is just something in the saturation and colour tone that bothers me a little bit.  Thanks very much for chiming in, it can be very helpful to have a second (third, fourth, fifth...) opinion.

mhaze

How do you get that pock marked texture?

Tangled-Universe

The new GISD Mick.

It's what I meant recently with the "you'll think twice when adding displacement with the new GISD in TG3" to which you replied understandably that displacement can never hurt (or something along that line) :)

This is another example where the new GISD adds so much detail to your displacements which would otherwise remain completely unnoticed in TG2, causing you to exaggerate the displacement greatly to get a similar effect in TG2, which in turn will lead to very ugly results if you would render that with the new GISD in TG3.

choronr

Thanks TU for that explanation. Really looking forward to TG3.

RArcher

Hi Mick,

The pock mark displacement (and the overall tower displacement shapes) was created with a couple of new noise functions that I'm sure will be announced sometime in the near future.  As Martin mentioned,  I pushed the GISD settings a little beyond what might be considered natural to highlight the displacements a little more.

mhaze

Ah I thought that might be the case as I needed something like that for an image I was working on... but I couldn't even get close.

choronr

Agree with that Jason, looking forward to TG3.