Shipwrecked on a scorched planet

Started by alessandro, August 15, 2013, 12:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alessandro

Here is my first render with TG3: the detail it's not great (I wanted to produce a more stratified effect on the cliffs, and the close terrain it's too noisy), but I'm happy because I could actually create the exact terrain layout I planned (with the cliffs leaning towards each other), add a distant planet, add external obj's (starship+astronauts), position them properly etc. Render took about 1h 30m.
Added a lens flare effect on the second image.
Cheers
www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks

Walli

thats looking nice - I like how the distant planet builds an arch between the cliffs.

Oshyan

Very nice indeed! One can tell you've had experience with this sort of thing before. ;)

Personally I prefer the version without the lens flare, I feel it's a bit overwhelming in the 2nd image. But perhaps with a slightly more subtle effect it could be a good addition. Where are the figures and ship model from?

- Oshyan

alessandro

Thanks Walli and Oshyan  :)
I made the astronauts models out of DAZ Genesis+Nano Supersuite (models sold at daz3d.com).
The starship is a free (and excellent model) available at: http://www.sharecg.com/v/67523/browse/5/3D-Model/Fury-Spaceshuttle

kaedorg

very nice with a preference for the first one
and thanks for sharing infos  about the models

masonspappy

I also like and prefer the first image. Well done!

choronr

Excellent composition in all respects. I favor the first image.

Dune

I like it that there's a story in it, not 'just' a landscape. First is my favorite as well.

EoinArmstrong

This is cool - I prefer the first one aswell - great concept - those planetary rings are great!

mhaze

I like this one, excellent concept, prefer the first one.

alessandro

Hannes

Great image! Very well done. I prefer the first one as well.

Mr_Lamppost

First one also.

I agree with your own comment about the foreground noise; maybe just a little less displacement on the details, i wouldn't want to walk on that.
Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast.

Markal

An excellent Sci-fi/space art image...I like it a lot!

TheBadger

Great! Really needs sand on the terrain foreground though, blended into the rocks.
Like this a lot. Love it when people put human figures into the images, makes the scale and everything immediately relatable. I guess thats not always desirable or necessary, but it works perfect here.
It has been eaten.