T-Gen new tree/plant generator for XSI

Started by JohnnyBoy, June 17, 2007, 01:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPauba

Quote from: calico on June 19, 2007, 05:29:36 PM
BPauba,

Cool.  I think this might be valuable, since it can do a lot of different things.  I downloaded it and will get it going in the next few days.

I like the bowl.  Looks well formed and has a great texture.  Did you control what the texture looked like?

Yeah yeah, all made within modo as well :D.

JohnnyBoy

If all you need is a modeling program you might want to check out Silo 2.0.

http://www.nevercenter.com/

I love it!

rcallicotte

Is it just me or is Modo really so easy to use and just as powerful as Lightwave's modeler?  Please feel free to tell me what you think, if my ignorance is getting the best of me.

JohnnyBoy, I'll look into Silo as well.  I've played around with Silo 1.0 before.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

rcallicotte

Will

I never used Brazil that much so I coun't tell you much about it.
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Oshyan

Brazil is a renderer only. Personally I'd go for Vray if I was looking at a nice 3rd party rendering solution. But regardless it's not going to help you with modeling or scene setup. Most of the renderers that come with applications like Maya, C4D, XSI, etc. are going to be fine for general needs anyway. No need to purchase a separate dedicated renderer until you at least have the basic modeling and scene editing tools in place.

- Oshyan

Will

Oshyan

Mental Ray comes native with most major packages these days - XSI, Maya, 3DS Max...

- Oshyan

Will

true, I was just saying it to further the point of not really needing to buy a 3rd party render.

regards,

Will

rcallicotte

Yeah, I understand.  Thanks for the comments.  I still think Splutterfish renders are awesome.

Will

But remember it comes down to the artist now the tool to create something great.

rcallicotte

You're right, Will.  It's so easy to jump on a tool due to someone's inspirational creativity. 

cyphyr

Head over to CGTALK (www.cgtalk.com) for chat about all the major modeling apps. Its a forum of professional and hobbyists who freely share ideas and opinions of all things 3d related. Its also free. Great community, much like this one. ;)

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

JohnnyBoy

CGTalk is the best CG site on the net and a great resource. But, they no longer allow software comparisons.  :)

rcallicotte

Well, I can trust this audience pretty well about TG2 and what it can / cannot do.  So, I'll ask this question here - Is Modo a good / great / lousy package to export an object for importing it (as a Wavefront object) into TG2?  I know Lightwave and Maya and 3DS|Max all seem reliable in some way or another, but what about Modo?  Any experience or any insights?