Alpha solo

Started by JasonArcher, October 10, 2013, 08:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonArcher

Hi all,

You've been tremendously helpful in getting me up to speed on some basics of TG3. If I could, I need to ask for another small pointer or two -- this time on alpha images. Is there currently a method for rendering only the alpha channel? I have been getting clean alphas using the extra image output of a sequence, but I find myself needing to go back and re-render an entire sequence with two distant planet objects turned off in order to exclude them from the alpha. If possible, I'm looking for a method to avoid rendering the final color image along with it in an effort to cut down render time.

bobbystahr

If you've bought the full program I think there is a way but not in the Free one. As I only have the Free version you will have to wait a reply from a full owner now I guess.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

As far as I know TG would need to render the entire scene anyway, to get the right alpha, so it won't save you time, only disk space if you *just* output the alpha.

- Oshyan

Matt

You can save time on the re-render by turning off all lights and disabling any shaders that you know won't cause any displacement.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

JasonArcher