Previous topic - Next topic

masonspappy

Very nicely done Ulco.  :)

alessandro

Spectacular image.
www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks

j meyer

Nice image,there's just one thing the trees on the lower right corner.
Especially the light green ones look really strange somehow.

Dune

That's probably the mesh I used in the trees. Since then I've made better trees. I wasn't altogether extremely happy with those trees, fine for distance, but up close you really need very good quality, and thus high poly. A bit green also, but the client was very happy with this.

j meyer

Quote from: Dune on December 03, 2013, 10:29:29 AM
....... A bit green also, but the client was very happy with this.

As for contract work that's what counts.

zaxxon

A tremendous panorama, definitely the work of a Terragen Master.  It's been entertaining and educational to watch this develop, thanks for sharing the process.

yossam

Fantastic as usual............... :)  Be sure to post the finished scene when you can.

otakar

It's ok. :)

No really, once again a joy to marvel at. How you achieve that sharpness (without oversharpening anything) is just beyond me. The details look right, which is simply amazing. Often renders that seem just fine reveal many flaws when rendered at the target level of detail and resolution. Not here of course. My only question would be that winding road. Why not more straight since it's on level ground?

choronr

It must be a joy to be able to work with Terragen and have a brain that delivers one's moves as if by second nature. This has come out beautifully. The client must be very pleased.

Dune

Thanks guys (and Yossam; this is the final, only 1/4 size). That is often my main challenge; getting the details in foreground and background to be good when rendered big (like this one at an original 5x3k). Faking vegetation is hardest, it's not as 'hard' and solid as rock, e.g., and I can't put heather pops all over. This was already using 8GB to render.

Regarding the winding track; you're right, it is quite winding. On the other hand, this is supposed to be dry and wet heathland, so they might have chosen the dryest areas to lay out the track, circumventing wet patches. In fact, in those days the track would change every so often, wagons riding different tracks, finding their way across the moor. You can find those old tracks on aerial photo's. Like here (1km from where I live): https://maps.google.nl/?ll=52.790034,6.384301&spn=0.00656,0.016512&t=h&z=17&iwloc=3011559733237870689
And with distance, it's aggegerated of course.

pclavett

Love all these scenes Ulco and the progression and variations....Beautiful composition !
Paul