motte

Started by Dune, October 30, 2013, 07:43:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Dutch for a simple fortified wooden or stone building on a hill, usually inside a circular canal and some defense stuff around it. This a very premature WIP. Lots of stuff will be added and changed.

inkydigit

it is the same in English too... (Motte & Bailey)
the beginnings of another intriguing scene Ulco!
:)

Dune

Yes, that's right, now that you mention it.

Here's a slight update (a freshly built model as the client wishes it to be). Now for the greens.....

otakar

So jealous of your modeling abilities (in addition to already being such an expert in all things Terragen) and your composition skills. Thanks for sharing all these projects with us! They always provide so much inspiration.

Dune

Thanks. Then here's something to drool over again  ;D Not finished yet though....

yossam

Show off....................... :)

archonforest

man whatever u touch that turns to gold... :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

choronr

Drooling all over myself. Terragen is your kaleidoscope ...this is outstanding.

Dune

The cloud lifted 10m so you get a tad more light on the building, added a area of fields, more shrub and distant trees across the river. I think I need another tree type (beech) in the woods.... and angle the shrub on the hill a bit, and edit some shrub near the bridge out.... etc.

choronr

You've transformed this very nicely.

DannyG

Yeah this is pretty awesome Ulco, nice job
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

kaedorg

Awesome.

from test-4 to test-5, contrast is so improved. give a nice deepness

Dune

I added some big old beech trees, but I'm not satisfied by how they turned out.

choronr

Maybe just make them a bit farther apart?

Dune

I made some new ones, with more subtle leaf 'planes'. But it's getting very wooded, and I don't know if that's what is asked of me. Have to check first. There's supposed to be some distant villages with fields, but from this POV they won't be very noticable. A little smoke might be enough. With just these fat medieval (1300 AD) woods it's a bit boring, I'd love to add some fields up close.....