Free 3d people model set

Started by Kadri, March 09, 2014, 11:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

I managed to separate the guys, adjust the pivot and applied the textures. Then I imported them into TG and saved each of them as a TGO.
I'd love to share the final ones, so that everyone can use them, but I'm afraid I'm not allowed to?! What do you think?
By the way, as the company said, they are far away from perfect, but from a distance they don't look too bad.

Kadri

Looks good Hannes.
I haven't seen anything about sharing there?
Is there any restriction?
Would be sweet if you shared them :)

Hannes

Disclaimer:
"...You are allowed to store these files for personal use , provided that you do not remove any copyright, this disclaimer notice or other proprietary notices contained in the original materials or on any such copies. However, you are NOT allowed to distribute them commercially, forward them to third parties or put them on your website  for download! A hyperlink from another website to our site is appreciated..."

OK, I won't distribute them commercially, but would I forward them to third parties if I would share them here? If I'd create a folder with the original files PLUS the TGOs, would that be legal?

Kadri

I removed the files. I don't have the mood to deal with any restrictions :)

Hannes

Sorry guys, for some minutes I had posted the TGOs as a packed file, but I'm not sure anymore that this is OK, so sorry for teasing...

Hannes

I just sent an email to the Xoio team and asked them, if I'm allowed to share the converted TGOs with you.
As soon as I have an answer, I'll post it.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Kadri

I hope they say yes to Hannes .

But the basic way to do it is this.

After you load the file go in the object node and find the Default shader.
       Open the "Colour image" and find the image you want to use.
       Basically that is it.
       But there are more options for reflection etc.
       You can play and use it the way you want.
       If you want to use an image shader use nearly the same way
       but be sure to choose " Object UV (if available)" in the "Projection type"

jaf

Hannes, Looks good!  If you don't mind, what values did you use to adjust the pivots?  I messed with it in Poseray but couldn't come up with the correct orientation. 
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Hannes

I did that in 3ds max. I imported the models (actually the bodies and the heads were separate parts). I connected both of them, applied the correct textures and moved the pivot between their feet and moved the whole model to 0,0,0. then I exported them as OBJs.
For those who are interested, I had to convert the meshes to editable polys, because otherwise Max would freeze while exporting. I have no idea why, but in the end it worked.

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

otakar

Yeah, the way I read the disclaimer you cannot provide the files whether original or modified to anyone. This can be fixed by getting express approval, let's hope that happens. Thanks for the effort Hannes. Too often I have downloaded models only to discover that before I can use them in TG I need to fix them up, which can be very time consuming, especially when you don't know what you are doing :)

Hannes

Let's see what they answer.
@Kadri: that would be the way to use them for anyone. Unfortunately it's just one mesh including this weird stage object, and everything is rotated.
Hopefully they are permitting the sharing, because otherwise this model would be almost useless (in my opinion...)

Kadri

Yes Hannes.That explanation was only about if someone can get them as individual objects in TG3.
In this state the objects aren't useful at all in TG3.