Free 3d people model set

Started by Kadri, March 09, 2014, 11:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hi, I thought I read that they wanted people to improve them. The implication that I got is that any improvements would/should be posted on the orignal source site. And they could be downloaded from there?

Non commercial? lol. So I make art that is not commercial (as opposed to a commercial artest, like say, a graphic designer.) And I sell my non commercial work.

I think its funny when people write legal contracts  but have no understanding of how the law works or of how words have different meanings than are used in normal speech. Most of the legal disclaimers that get passed around on the net are just reworded bad legal advice constructed from opinions found on line.

I have been reading about copyright and such. Its funny what you can get away with simply by calling something "ART" and being prepared to back it up.

Anyway, Graphic designers have a guild, of sorts. 3D really needs one too.

Sorry for the off topic. But their lazy imprecise "legal" disclaimer irritated me a bit. Especially after Hannes went through the trouble of fixing their models.
It has been eaten.

N-drju

Well but you are right. I remember your industry ethics question and I still believe that most disclaimers and licence agreements are just intended to scare <something, something> out of users. >:( At times, when I read those I even wonder if I should open or run the file in the first place!

If it's a freebie and you do give a credit to creator... than what can be wrong?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Hannes

I just got an email from Peter of the Xoio team. It turned out that we know each other from a german 3ds max forum. Funny!
He asked me to send him the converted files, which I did, and they are planning to make them available as download from their website. Perfect!
I think this will be a lot more convenient than discussing about disclaimers, don't you think? ;)

TheBadger

Its great to know people Hannes! Thanks for all your work  :)
It has been eaten.

j meyer

Have you seen this?
http://www.makehuman.org/
Standalone now,win,osx,linux.
Funny,might be useful to get human base meshes on the fly.
The obj exporter doesn't work properly with normals checked,
gives lot of missing polys then,so better leave that unchecked
and add normals in your modeling app.
There is another standalone app to make your own morph targets,
but I haven't tested that.

Hannes

Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Here we go:
http://xoio-air.de/2014/3d-people-model-set/#more-2805
See the downloads to the right and scroll down to the description. The textures are included.

otakar

Awesome, thanks man! Now, if I only can get them medieval looking  ;D

Dune

You're my hero, Hannes! Cool action of yours. And very nice that the Xoio guys are so willing.

Hannes

Thanks guys. Yes Ulco, they were (I should say he (Peter)was) very open and friendly. Made my day...  ;D

archonforest

Thx for taking full responsibility for the whole cycle and push it through ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd