Overpass

Started by Dune, March 24, 2014, 04:50:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jo

This is some cool stuff Ulco :-)

Dune

Thanks to you, Jo! Amongst others.

choronr

So far each step is intriguing. Anxious to see the next. That road looks familiar. Perhaps too far away from the mountain; but, would be nice to see the road and monorail approaching a tunnel that passes through it.

Dune

That tunnel shouldn't be a problem, really. With vector displacement map, or some displacable objects an entrance can be made.

Here's a shiny (daytime) version and some new suspension structures. I still don't know if I like these, might make some Meccanolike structure....

Jo Kariboo

Je préfère la dernière !!! Superbe composition !!!

choronr

I like this new perspective and structures; especially the shiny surface.

zaxxon

Wonderful!  Love that chrome gleaming in the sun, this is really great.

Dune

Near final. Any suggestions?

choronr

There is not one iota of anything here to be critical about ...no suggestions to make; but, you need to explain how the manipulation of Terragen has become second nature to you.

I like the pylon setup as well as how the road setup suits the point of view ...very nice.

Kevin F

Excellent Ulco as usual. Only crits I have are that the grass verges look too even/smooth, almost like velvet, and a general one of everything looking too clean.
This last one is true of nearly all renders (my own included). The real world is dirtier and grimier, and most CGI work looks too clean and fresh, almost plastic like. The real world has litter, leaves, twigs, rubble, moss, lichen, mud, dirt  etc. I know this is often not possible to achieve but if realism is the goal then maybe this is what we need.
Sorry to sound so negative, as this image is actually amazingly good from a technical and artistic standpoint.

masonspappy

Something about this I just plain like - maybe because it's a fun image done very well

Dune

Thanks for your comments guys. Yes, grime.... I have to add some stuff like that. And second nature, well, I work with TG quite a lot, so I know my way around.... generally. The pylons are just two pops (might as well be one), with a little editing to get them to match the rail.

If only we could match the final position of the rail to the maglev's position, this would be cool to animate. Can be done by hand, but a direct nodeline would be easier.

Lady of the Lake

Just amazing as always.

Dune

I made an additional clock, and replaced one roof with a glass dome, intend to do the same with the other roofs (which I don't like). Made them as separate objects, so I could disable shadows. Of course the problem then is that dirt on the glas would show some shadow, but ok.
Added a little grime, but I need to put more effort in that.

j meyer

The glass dome really makes a difference.
There is something to the models,can't say exactly what,which
makes me want to see a crop render of the door and a window
of the cabin/wagon without normal smoothing,please.
If you don't mind,that is.