New XFrog plants

Started by N-drju, March 27, 2014, 09:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N-drju

Don't know if you know but if someone did not know that by now... :P

There are new freebies available at XFrog plants. Just checked it!
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

archonforest

Yeah and some of them looks great!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Zairyn Arsyn

their website seems to be down now, though i managed to get a look at the new samples, ill have to download them later.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

N-drju

I knoooow! :( Why now?

It's up and running again!
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

Walli

not really new plants. Its old plants that they give away for free. They should concentrate on creating a new Xfrog instead

N-drju

For someone who does not want to spend too much money on something virtual or can't afford it - yes, these are new models. :) Doesn't make any difference when were they made. Especially that I've already seen at least three renders with the use of these right after my post. ;D

archonforest

They are new in the "Free" sections :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Zairyn Arsyn

AARRHH!!
It's doing it again!

just when i want to DL a flower for a new TG scene i just had in my mind, ill have to start later.
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

TheBadger

@ N-drju and archonforest,

Do you guys know that Walli made lots of the Xfrog plants that people here love so much? Probably when he talks about that subject at any level we should not take offense to him, but listen?
Besides, do you guys know about this site http://www.silva3d.com ? He is someone who knows what he is talking about. So if he suggests that Xfrog is falling behind their competition, than its something to keep in mind as a consumer.

Just saying.
It has been eaten.

jaf

Quote from: TheBadger on April 01, 2014, 11:51:17 PM
@ N-drju and archonforest,

Do you guys know that Walli made lots of the Xfrog plants that people here love so much? Probably when he talks about that subject at any level we should not take offense to him, but listen?
Besides, do you guys know about this site http://www.silva3d.com ? He is someone who knows what he is talking about. So if he suggests that Xfrog is falling behind their competition, than its something to keep in mind as a consumer.

Just saying.

+1
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

kaedorg

From 3dSilva, i bought the Archviz grasses Vol1, and i'm very satisfied with it.
And I'm looking at the Wildflowers Vol1 now.

I would expect to see more trees from them but there is quality here

David

yossam

Walli is the best...........in more ways than one. He goes out of his way to make sure that his customers are satisfied with their purchase. I do wish he would produce more trees (hint, hint). I have bought several of his items over the years...........it is all top notch.  :)

choronr

Agree, Walli's plant models are the finest. Realism is excellent.

N-drju

@ Badger

My reply to you is what Dr.Kissinger replied when someone told him USA will lost Vietnam - "So what?"

Maybe I'm a little brutal right now but I don't care whether XFrog is falling behind or not. More so - did I say anything to undermine Walli's knowledge on the subject? Or should I be ashamed that I get some freebies (like we all do) legally? What do you want from me? :P

What counts for me is that because of XFrog being generous my renders will now be richer and more varied.

Besides, how many new plants can you create if there is a limited number of species out there in the real world...? :P

Walli

I did not say you should be ashamed for getting free plants. Not getting them (and using them) would be dumb ;-)

I just mentioned that this is a bit misleading, because it is not new plants. Similar to other vendors that basically do 50% off almost the entire year. Then they should be honest and charge the real amount and not claiming the product costs twice the money.

by the way, Benny Govaerts also created some very nice free plants ( I think he is more on the Vue side of things) and there or other free resources out there - go and get that stuff.