Previous topic - Next topic

Nacer Eddine

as i told you before
its very easy to use terragen scene as background fix or animation
and work with caracter in 3ds max

look this easy animation

but you must do the ringging before

if you finish this step i can give you some animation files ready to use it

this is an example of some animation files in 3ds max, but without caracter just biped,

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on May 24, 2014, 12:08:37 PM
A little update. I adjusted the coif's chainmail texture, fixed the tunic texture at the back and added some bump on the metal parts of the scabbard.

Wow, quite the improvement...well done.
echo Ulco even though you used a blank mesh still an impressive project.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Thanks s lot, Bobby. I really love to add and fix all those little details, when the main work is done.

Nacer Eddine, my knight character(s) are completely rigged and skinned. I used a sword fight animation file and used the same character with different accessories at different stages of the animation and converted each of them into editable meshes.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Nacer Eddine on May 24, 2014, 02:14:02 PM
as i told you before
its very easy to use terragen scene as background fix or animation
and work with caracter in 3ds max

look this easy animation

but you must do the ringging before

if you finish this step i can give you some animation files ready to use it

this is an example of some animation files in 3ds max, but without caracter just biped,

cool, but there are amongs't us those who can't afford max; for me in this lifetime likely, still saving for the full TG3 which is considerably less expensive, and by the time I assemble the cash animation will be that easy in TG3, hee hee hee.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on May 08, 2014, 11:37:15 AM
Thanks a lot, Kadri! Not sure about the legal stuff as well, but I'll have a look at it. The one horse file is an object sequence, so there could be an animated horse riding through a TG scene! ;)

says this in the text:
If you use these meshes in a publication, please include an acknowledgement like "The mesh data used in this project was made available by Robert Sumner and Jovan Popovic from the Computer Graphics Group at MIT."
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

downloaded the camels as well...interesting readme...some based on Poser which i think is not allowed; and some based on De Espona model library models,.....from my time Moderating at Rendo Freestuff I know the dude who owns De Espona now was often registering complaints from someone uploading one of his assets....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

There's a lot of sites with great models, but you never know where they really come from. This is why I'm glad to have asked Nick for his permission to use his base model for my knights. Imagine you're spending a lot of time working on something, and in the end you're not allowed to do anything with it, because some ingredient of your "masterpiece" is kind of stolen.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on May 24, 2014, 04:36:59 PM
There's a lot of sites with great models, but you never know where they really come from. This is why I'm glad to have asked Nick for his permission to use his base model for my knights. Imagine you're spending a lot of time working on something, and in the end you're not allowed to do anything with it, because some ingredient of your "masterpiece" is kind of stolen.

Yeah, I often had to as gently as possible, educate new members on intellectual property rights, and often they just left....these are 'reverse engineered' and I'm not sure how Poser feels about that as I ran those issues by a Coord I had for that purpose(long time Poser user) but Helgard is quite sticky about his assets. He may never notice and I ain't agonna tell....now....retired is niiiice.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Funny fact: today we were on a fleamarket, and for € 6,- I found almost the exact real spores I built for my knights, which I can use for my outfit.

Hannes

OK, this is embarrassing! I just wrote that I found some real spores at a fleamarket. Of course I meant spurs.
Since the german word for spores and spurs is both "Sporen", I chose the wrong word. I just wanted to let you know that I won't wear anything like fungi or mushrooms (not even magic ones  ;)) on some medieval festival.

archonforest

:D :D Yeah mushrooms are not covering well the body :D :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

That's definitely NOT true! ;)

archonforest

He was a mushroom in a past life... :D :D
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Hannes

...or this mushroom was human in a past life. ;D