Parisian politics

Started by matrix2003, May 26, 2014, 01:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrix2003

Hey Seth! A lot of web sites are blowing up over the swing in Politics. Can you tell us what you think?
-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

matrix2003

-MATRIX2003-      ·DHV·  ....·´¯`*

N-drju

Well, I'm not surprised that nationalists scored that sort of victory. I mean, take a look at the Med. ??? What we have at our hands is a deluge of rather suspicious immigrants coming to Europe. Most of these people think that our continent is a land of milk, honey and unicorns jumping merrily among strawberry fields... I didn't vote for the nationalists but the truth is that Europeans are being treated worse than them! I think the time is ripe for "an earthquake" if you ask me. ???
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

TheBadger

Quotea lot of people are left asking why a quarter of the French electorate cast their ballot in favor of the extreme right.

Hmmm I wonder why  ::) Maybe because for the same reason it happens anywhere... Because the ruling parties get things too wrong for too long, and people start feeling "extremely" pissed off. And then they vote that way.

But what makes this party extreme? I don't know much about it. Thanks for the heads up though, it is interesting.
It has been eaten.

AP

There Anti-European Union and they are for Border Control. I think they want to withdraw France from the euro and eventually dismantle the EU.

Here is more... French far-right National Front party leader Marine Le Pen wants to pull France out of the euro currency, fears Islamic culture will dominate French civilization if Muslim immigration isn't halted and opposes globalization as well as the EU as infringements on French sovereignty.

TheBadger

Quote from: ChrisC on May 27, 2014, 10:17:18 PM
There Anti-European Union and they are for Border Control. I think they want to withdraw France from the euro and eventually dismantle the EU.

Here is more... French far-right National Front party leader Marine Le Pen wants to pull France out of the euro currency, fears Islamic culture will dominate French civilization if Muslim immigration isn't halted and opposes globalization as well as the EU as infringements on French sovereignty.

Ok, so just nationalist, not nationalist Nazi? Nothing wrong with a little nationalism. Too much can lead to big problems though as everyone knows. But preserving your own culture is a good thing if you have a good culture. Someone who knows French life will have to tell me if its worth preserving though. I can only guess based on history books. I really don't know what its like to be french in the modern world.

Hmmm, now that I have heard about this, the Islam thread makes more sense to me. I take it that this is not just academic then, and that tempers are really really hot there? I can't believe I did not hear anything on the news. I would have thought if its as big a deal as that link above said, than it would be a big story. France is a country everyone knows about, so I would think it would be on all the news.

It has been eaten.

AP

No, definitely not Nationalist Nazi-like. I do not trust the news to report this well. The main stream media is a joke anymore.

Dune

Too many people in the world and too many rotten societies/countries, no wonder they all want to go where it seems good, but that's just shifting the problem, hence the change in political environment. I would flee if I were from Eritrea or Libya, but these countries need stability, so their people stay and build up their own future. But some 'peoples' just don't know how democracy works, or they can't cope with it. They need a dictator, so it seems, to keep 'stability'. But that's all I'm gonna say, I'm not into politics at all.

inkydigit

more news from France:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27599827
Move on the refugees/immigrants/homeless people... but to where?

Seth

The Front National is the only political party that wants France to get out of EU. That is why they made such a "big" score.
That has nothing to do with nazis or racism. Just french people fed up with dictatorship from the EU.
I don't vote. But I understand why people did vote for them.

Seth

Quote from: inkydigit on May 28, 2014, 05:56:38 AM
more news from France:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27599827
Move on the refugees/immigrants/homeless people... but to where?

You should know that they don't have the right to be here. And that they are staying in Calais just because UK don't allow them to enter their territory and we, as an ally, keep them from going to England.

Seth

Quote from: TheBadger on May 27, 2014, 10:27:33 PM
'
Ok, so just nationalist, not nationalist Nazi?

Marine Le Pen's husband, number 2 in the FN, is jew, you know :)

AP

I myself always felt uncomfortable about the existence of the EU. It all seems smelly to me. I do not vote either.

TheBadger

Quote from: Seth on June 10, 2014, 01:04:48 PM
Quote from: TheBadger on May 27, 2014, 10:27:33 PM
'
Ok, so just nationalist, not nationalist Nazi?

Marine Le Pen's husband, number 2 in the FN, is jew, you know :)

Did not know. Thanks for saying so.
Makes things a little more interesting.
It has been eaten.