Nature's Brushes

Started by choronr, June 08, 2014, 02:23:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

choronr


inkydigit

Excellent work Bob!
Great details!
:)

choronr

Quote from: inkydigit on June 11, 2014, 03:35:14 pm
Excellent work Bob!
Great details!
:)

Thank you Jason, I have another one in the works with mossy boulders.

Oysterman

At first I thought it was a photo and scrolled down for the TG image.

I think you reached the goal because this looks really good. I'm not only thinking about the moss but the whole image.

Love the shape of the rocks and the moss looks like moss.

Cheers

choronr

Quote from: Oysterman on June 13, 2014, 07:37:47 am
At first I thought it was a photo and scrolled down for the TG image.

I think you reached the goal because this looks really good. I'm not only thinking about the moss but the whole image.

Love the shape of the rocks and the moss looks like moss.

Cheers


Thank you very much. I think the process of replicating moss can be applied to other objects; like trees and the ground.

bobbystahr

Quote from: choronr on June 13, 2014, 11:47:31 am
Quote from: Oysterman on June 13, 2014, 07:37:47 am
At first I thought it was a photo and scrolled down for the TG image.

I think you reached the goal because this looks really good. I'm not only thinking about the moss but the whole image.

Love the shape of the rocks and the moss looks like moss.

Cheers


Thank you very much. I think the process of replicating moss can be applied to other objects; like trees and the ground.


Thank you very much. I think the process of replicating moss can be applied to other objects; like trees and the ground.
[/quote]

Tried it on a tree but it only applied to the trunk and there was no way I could control the height. My next attempt will be on a .obj rather than a .tgo so I can delete all the leaves and branches and load that first, populate it and then make it invisible to everything and load the full tree the trunk came from in the same location. Will let y know how that works.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

choronr

Sounds good Bobby. Maybe the Painted shader might be the way to go.

luc BIANCO

Terragen scenes & presets store
www.lucbianco.fr

choronr

Quote from: Luc Bianco on June 14, 2014, 04:16:20 pm
Like a lot the moss

luc


Thank you Luc. The process is quite easy to attain.

Hannes

Great one, Bob! I think I missed this image. The fluffy moss looks fantastic!! One minor crit: the distribution of the ground cover could be a bit more irregular imho.
Very moody image. I can almost smell the air...

alessandro

Very well done. I'm trying to make a render with lot of grass, but didn't get anywhere close to the quality you were able to deliver.

choronr

Quote from: Hannes on June 15, 2014, 05:59:26 am
Great one, Bob! I think I missed this image. The fluffy moss looks fantastic!! One minor crit: the distribution of the ground cover could be a bit more irregular imho.
Very moody image. I can almost smell the air...


Thank you Hannes. Yes, I should have used the clumping effect which is easy to do ...my old brain is getting slower and slower.

choronr

Quote from: alessandro on June 15, 2014, 07:56:43 am
Very well done. I'm trying to make a render with lot of grass, but didn't get anywhere close to the quality you were able to deliver.


Thank you. It makes a difference as to the size of the grass model and its spacing. Moss seems to look its best with filtered lighting.

Artistico

Very nice and natural looking forest bed growth. I like the moss effect. I'll try that some day.
Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
www.galleryhakon.com

Seth

missed that one ! great idea indeed !