"Last lights" short animation project (finished movie in page 17)

Started by Kadri, September 17, 2014, 10:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Doc do you use any network render manager by the way?

DocCharly65

No Kadri, not at all.

My render farm is just 5 PCs each rendering locally but all PCs connected via LAN.
In the office I use my last prof-licence on the old office server I got as present from my boss.
It has no LAN or WAN connection so I can twiggle only with TG3 and less important renderjobs on it in my spare time at lunch or like that.

Kadri

I see.
I would like to use a basic render manager.
Especially when you have to render with different priorities etc. on the computers.
I use 4 computers sometimes.
Nothing so hard at least...if you not forget the even and odd numbering especially  :P  :)

Hannes

This looks really amazing, Kadri! Great work!!!

Kadri

One of my friend showed me that the shadow of the small moon is jerky-jumping kinda in the Youtube video.
I thought it was because of the time change that blended the frames a bit and-or the compression Youtube uses.
The original i uploaded was 52 mb, the compressed Youtube file is 10 MB.
But when i played the compressed Youtube file i downloaded from Youtube
on my computer there was not such a big jerkiness of the small moving shadow.
looks like it is related to the way it plays from Youtube only.
You can see the difference by downloading the file or watching it on Vimeo here:
https://vimeo.com/180710509

Vimeo is better from a quality aspect mostly anyway as it looks.

I saw stuttering with Youtube in the past but that was related to other problems mostly on the hardware-software side of the users.

But this is directly related to Youtube as it looks.

Not sure if everyone does have the same problem with Youtube but just be aware it might not be related to Sony Vegas, Hitfilm etc. for example if you see such a problem.

DocCharly65

In fact the vimeo version looks 100 times better!

The youtube version was stuttering on my PC though 120Mbit WAN and needed half of the film to chang from low resolution to HD!

And again I was impressed by the impact! Really nice animation!

Kadri

:)

I am posting in a thread in the Hitfilm forums now because of these kind of problems in Youtube.
There are guys on the internet that say the opposite but mostly i hear is that Vimeo is better and i think for now the same.

ajcgi

That's looking very nice indeed! Vimeo is much easier to deal with in my experience, from an upload and keep quality perspective. Saying that, seen plenty of decent YouTube vids so someone must be doing it right. :D

Kadri

Quote from: ajcgi on September 02, 2016, 11:05:58 AM
That's looking very nice indeed! Vimeo is much easier to deal with in my experience, from an upload and keep quality perspective. Saying that, seen plenty of decent YouTube vids so someone must be doing it right. :D

Video is another world in itself. There are many variables.
In my case Vimeo's bitrate for example is 12% higher.
So it might be that difference. But Youtube and Vimeo used different AVC codecs.
So it isn't an easy apple to apple comparison and maybe the different AVC codecs are balancing the bitrate difference out.
The video itself does bring it's compression difference etc.
There may be some sweet spots to be found probably :)

Edit: As a user pointed out in the Hitfilm forum saying that Youtube and Vimeo uses different codecs isn't quite right.
        They use H264 in the end but with different settings more to be clear.

TheBadger

those mountains a rather good Kadri!

About the impact. Why is the main body seem to move? And is the increase in light coming form that real point in space?

Sorry if you wrote on it already, in a hurry.

pretty bad ass though
It has been eaten.

Kadri

Thanks Michael.
Think about the move of the main moon as a standard moon move; just faster.
There was just a small glow behind the moon where the opposite impact side is and between the cracks.
I added in post in Hitfilm a gleam effect and small other debris.
Without that gleam effect the impact lacked the light it needed more at the impact side .

How is the new PC going?

TheBadger

Thanks Kadri, also like the full HD by the way!

QuoteHow is the new PC going?

Have to send it back. Bad power supply unit. Whenever I put it to sleep it just shuts down completely. Sigh. They won't just send me a new unit, they say liability bla bla bla.

Never ends man.
It has been eaten.

Kadri

Quote from: TheBadger on September 06, 2016, 02:38:12 AM
Have to send it back. Bad power supply unit. Whenever I put it to sleep it just shuts down completely. Sigh. They won't just send me a new unit, they say liability bla bla bla.

Never ends man.

Yeah when it happens it sucks. Hope you will get it working soon.