"Last lights" short animation project (finished movie in page 17)

Started by Kadri, September 17, 2014, 10:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Thanks for the songs; i am still listening to your music Nils :)
I think it is different to what i want to use in the video.
But i like what i heard until now. Sounds professional to me.
You mentioned a band? Can you talk more about your music background?

DocCharly65

Thanks Kadri, feels good that you like a bit of it  :)
I shared only the more "esotheric and moviescore-like" but if that is anyway different from what you need, I'll fill up the complete albums. All very mixed styles.

Talking about my music background? Such off topic?  ;D ;D why not... things to read for the others while waiting for new animations  ;) ;D

I was always in touch with music somehow. I learned and played the clarinet in a local orchestra 40 years ago.

Later I learned to know music from Kitaro, Tomita, JMJarre and swiched over to electronics. First I had a Yamaha DS10 (I think that was the name) monophone synth. By the time I could increase my investments from a Yamaha V50 up to the Korg trinity (perhaps some Rolands between...  :)  )

And with the Korg I played two times in a band. We were horrible... no singer, no discipline (especially guitarrist played what he wanted - when he wanted... But the beer was fine  ;D ! Later we were better but I studied in another town and only played for myself. It worked good with the Korg as a multitrack workstation.

Later I played gain with a fantastic singing Girl and a good Singer and guitar player. But these two married and moved somewhere else so I went on creating music for myself. I started to combine The Korg and Magix as mixing software and bought magix soundpools mainly for having a singer... later I just used Magix and it's sound pools to not forget some ideas I had in the night or whenever. So more and more the Korg was asleep and since I tried to make one or the other music video, I more and more stopped making music. Now 99.999% of my spare time is this project to make my dream coming true. A small, weird, unlogic space opera rendered 99% with Terragen  :)

First I wanted to use some music from my albums as movie score but now I see that most song don't match any scene, so I started Magix again. (The Korg is gone...  :( ;) ) Not easy to build a musicscore whicgh has some similarity to well known music scores of the cinema scenery... but I think if I keep practising it sounds not too bad... next teaser will come soon  ;)

In some minutes the cloud should have safed all my latest albums. Most is Magix and very very seldom I am singing. The older stuff should be restored from CCassettes ... perhaps I'll do some day in the future.

Now enough off topic... Hope there will be your next animation soon  :)

Kadri

Thanks for the information.
Style is a different thing and subjective but it is very apparent that you know what you do in those songs.
Thus i was really curious and not surprised :)

I am still listening. I can't say that about much of the music that is around us now. I like your music :)

Regarding the animation; hard to describe the sound i want other then the examples i posted.
But the words sad, epic and more on the classical sound side are the best i can say about what i want Nils.
I think you already know which kind of sound i want.

Maybe we can work some other things out with PM's later :)

DocCharly65

Ok  :)

Don't eat them all! Can make sick  ;D - upload finished... 95 songs now.

Kadri

Quote from: DocCharly65 on June 23, 2016, 09:47:54 AM
Ok  :)

Don't eat them all! Can make sick  ;D - upload finished... 95 songs now.

I saw those. This is sabotage how i am supposed to work on the animation now  ;D

Kadri

Couldn't resist to try to make a fast different scene. This is a substitute for a scene i didn't liked.

There are some small technical faults but if you think that this is usable enough i won't fiddle with this anymore.

DocCharly65

Optically absolute usable! Great!

I don't know what's behind the scene and how it works with the rest of your project but I like the scene!

Kadri

Quote from: DocCharly65 on July 21, 2016, 01:05:07 AM
Optically absolute usable! Great!

Thanks.

Quote from: DocCharly65 on July 21, 2016, 01:05:07 AM
I don't know what's behind the scene and how it works with the rest of your project but I like the scene!

Kinda trying to go the epic way so much i can but you will see for yourself hopefully soon enough :)
This is one of the scenes i had to insert from a story telling aspect late down the line.
If others are OK too with the scene (it is not much crowded here anyway ;) ) there are very small 2 scenes left.

Dune

You got my support, it's terrific! I don't think there was any sound with this (or my speakers are blown), but I like the silence. It should be silent, I think; gives it a more ominous, awesome mood. A beep maybe, not music.

Kadri

Quote from: Dune on July 21, 2016, 01:46:01 AM
You got my support, it's terrific! I don't think there was any sound with this (or my speakers are blown), but I like the silence. It should be silent, I think; gives it a more ominous, awesome mood. A beep maybe, not music.

:)

Still not at the music and sound stage Ulco. Anything can happen.

Dune

Is this a private venture, like Nils is doing (finished by 2020-2050), or something commisioned?

Dune

DocCharly65

Quote from: Kadri on July 21, 2016, 01:56:03 AM

Just for fun...or masochism  ;)  :)

If that is so we can switch roles. I render your scene and you take my dentist appointment today. Funny pain for you and a nice render job for me...

If it works to tell my dentist I could render the dental bridge for her - without any trouble, blood or other mess in my mouth?

;D ;D