"Last lights" short animation project (finished movie in page 17)

Started by Kadri, September 17, 2014, 10:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Quote from: DocCharly65 on July 21, 2016, 02:19:53 AM
Quote from: Kadri on July 21, 2016, 01:56:03 AM

Just for fun...or masochism  ;)  :)

If that is so we can switch roles. I render your scene and you take my dentist appointment today. Funny pain for you and a nice render job for me...

If it works to tell my dentist I could render the dental bridge for her - without any trouble, blood or other mess in my mouth?

;D ;D

:-X  ;D

Hannes

Poor guys!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Seriously, this scene is indeed terrific!! Great job, Kadri!!

TheBadger

8) crazy man, just crazy.  ;D really fun Kadri, hope the final will be much longer! Worth it i would say. Imagine that scene in VR :o
It has been eaten.

Kadri

Quote from: TheBadger on August 09, 2016, 03:11:30 AM
... Imagine that scene in VR :o

Double render times.... :D

But yeah it would be nice :)

Hannes

Kadri

After the rough cut (more of a what i have in hand and what i still need between) i saw that i needed 3 scenes. 2 are finished.

The last scene that i needed was an old full Lightwave scene i made nearly 1-2 years ago.
But i felt that i need a kinda closeup of the planet too in that scene.
The planet is fast to render in the beginning. But later it gets much slower.
I am still rendering and the scene is not finished.

So i used something i had not until now...2 things actually.

The first one is rendering only every second image and using PD Howler to morph the between frames.
There are many cheap programs (like PD Howler) and expensive ones of course you can use for this.
I made a 10 frames test (the Terragen planet) with PD howler and made it to 280 frames.
Except just a small part it worked much better then i thought (it is a small moving scene).
It is very scene depended probably. A scene i tried 1 year ago wasn't so good for example.
And be careful PD Howler is still 32 bit and can crash with long-big scenes.

The second thing i tried with this scene was keyframing the image width and height .
The beginning does have more planet ground but the finish is more cloudy.
So i made the image in the beginning Full HD and the finish Half HD.
It gradually lowers the height-width automatically.
The render times are constantly around 30 - 50 minutes per frame in this way.
It is great to have animation capability in nearly every option.

In principle it looks like it works...but not sure if the rendered result will work of course ;)

Kadri

I changed a part in the animation.
So i had to use a part of that scene (moons) in another new scene.
Used this 1 year or so ago made image for that.

Dune

It's almost like an eye in the sky. Nice scene. So, just like Nils, you're working on a long term (private) animation? When will it be finished?

Kadri

Quote from: Dune on August 29, 2016, 01:55:03 AM
It's almost like an eye in the sky. Nice scene. So, just like Nils, you're working on a long term (private) animation? When will it be finished?

It should be finished one year ago :)
Seriously i want to finish it so fast i can Ulco. Hopefully in 1-2 months.
Every stage brings new things to do. But i am at the raw editing and after renderings(!) stage at least.

I make the scenes, that i have to add in the last minute, with everything i learned so fast i can without long render times...mostly :)
1 scene looked out of place after the raw edit. So i am making a new one from another old image.
Just was curious and because of render times i am trying to use FBX for an 3D matte approach (2D rendered Terragen image animated in Lightwave) between Terragen and Lightwave.
Standard things for others but all new things to me so it takes more time. But it is fun.

DocCharly65

Kadri, that is a nice scene!

A pity if the mountains and the dragons (?) won't appear :)

Kadri

Quote from: DocCharly65 on August 29, 2016, 02:36:21 AM
Kadri, that is a nice scene!

A pity if the mountains and the dragons (?) won't appear :)

That scene will be there as you see it :)

The dragons(!) are the green one in the top middle from here:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21366.msg214740.html#msg214740

But no closeup. Would take too much time.

DocCharly65

Oh I totally missed that post while I was moving into my new home this spring!

Very cool!
Will you animate the dragons?
I still have not tried the experiments of digitalguru from this post http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,21843.0.html. Not enough time and still not sure if that could work. What do you say?

Kadri

I haven't tried it but others use it. Hannes for example used it for a bird flock animation.

The flying aliens are animated but very crudely.
I made a quick and dirty animation. Could be better but it works hopefully.
Animated in Lightwave and comped in Hitfilm.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ao9EyFWihNgchn0Khv0VyF7iAii2 

The only thing that i would add is a little wobble that birds have with wind in the air.
But these are big flying aliens to my eye so it is kind of ok.