Le Tour

Started by Harvey Birdman, July 25, 2007, 09:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harvey Birdman

So Vino's a doper, Rasmussen is a cheat... and now the ETA is bombing the course. Kind of makes you wonder why they bother; the sport is pretty much DOA anyway. I used to race as a licensed amateur, I'm a cycling fanatic, and this morning I won't even turn on the tube to watch the race. I'm afraid Phil and Paul are going to have to do without me in the audience from now on.

>:( >:( >:(
:P

Mavcat

Rasmussen doesnt cheat,he just missed some things,but many of these are missed :) Im heavily disappointed by Vinokourov... But he did the same thing as Landis previous year,so we could expect it :) GO EVANS GO!!  ;D

cyphyr

I've heard of doping and dope (don't agree with either but I can kind of understand it) but never blood doping, what kinda vampire shit is this!!
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Mavcat

As far as i know,it helps the oxygen to circulate faster in the blood or something like that :-\

rcallicotte

How creepishly devlish.  I guess.  What's the big deal?
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Mavcat

Quote from: calico on July 25, 2007, 12:36:05 PM

He cheated (to win) in the number one cycling event in the world

Edit: added some things

Harvey Birdman

Calico & Cyphr - Blood doping increases the amount of oxygen the blood will carry, increasing endurance. I agree, seriously bizarre. The things people will do to themselves to win a bike race.  :o

Mavcat - Yeah, I really liked Vino too. That's why I'm so disgusted. Maybe it's bs, maybe Landis' case was bs, maybe they're all victims of lousy lab work by prejudiced technicians, but I have a hard time believing it. If Landis had any credibility going into his appeal hearing it was shot with the crap about Lemond. I tend to agree with the tour director - the whole thing is so deeply #$%ed up that they really need to rethink the whole control strategy from bottom to top. As for Rasmussen... he's basically getting off on a technicality. He missed 3 tests within a year. Normally, missing 3 within 18 months would be equivalent to a positive test, but only if the three tests were required by the same testing organization. Two that he missed were for the Danish Cycling federation, one was for the UCI (or WADA, I forget), so he gets to slide. Phil and Paul were scolding the Danes for suspending him anyway; I wonder if they changed their tune today.

Mavcat

Quote from: Harvey Birdman on July 25, 2007, 01:55:11 PM

Mavcat - Yeah, I really liked Vino too. That's why I'm so disgusted. Maybe it's bs, maybe Landis' case was bs, maybe they're all victims of lousy lab work by prejudiced technicians, but I have a hard time believing it. If Landis had any credibility going into his appeal hearing it was shot with the crap about Lemond. I tend to agree with the tour director - the whole thing is so deeply #$%ed up that they really need to rethink the whole control strategy from bottom to top. As for Rasmussen... he's basically getting off on a technicality. He missed 3 tests within a year. Normally, missing 3 within 18 months would be equivalent to a positive test, but only if the three tests were required by the same testing organization. Two that he missed were for the Danish Cycling federation, one was for the UCI (or WADA, I forget), so he gets to slide. Phil and Paul were scolding the Danes for suspending him anyway; I wonder if they changed their tune today.

I didn't like Vino that much :P (Go Evans! Too bad he lost time again today :( ) But Vino was in my eyes someone I was almost sure about that he was clean... But can we trust the lab? We know French people hate it if an outsider wins the Tour (Armstrong and the whole thing about him) and the lab found doping with 2 people that did exactly the same (Being at the point of giving up and miraculously winning)

The tour director? The guy that introduced the charter against doping? What a joke :-\

What rasmussen did today was clever,he didnt do anything,last 5 minutes he just accelerates and wins ::)

Harvey Birdman

Actually, the tour and the UCI have been feuding about jurisdiction/entry qualifications and doping for a couple years now, I think. The UCI didn't like it when the Tour wouldn't let in suspects in the Spanish investigation, even though they hadn't been charged or anything. At least that's how I think it's been playing out. <edit> I think the UCI and WADA are still in charge of testing in the Tour.</edit>

As for the lab... who knows. Landis' legal team seemed to do a pretty good job denigrating them. On the other hand, the fact that positive tests seem to be found disproportionately among the leaders isn't too suprising - they get tested more often. I think the yellow jersey gets tested every day, along with the days stage winner.

All I know is that I'm sick of hearing about it. Half the big names weren't there to begin with because of the Spanish and Italian investigations, and now this.

(So, uh, Rasmussen rode well today, then? Sigh... I suppose I'll have to watch the re-broadcast.)

;)

<edit>
I suppose if I had a fav in the peleton this year it would have been McEwen, but he's already gone.
</edit>

Mavcat

Cofidis leaves the tour because of a positive Moreni
http://www.sport.be/nl/wielrennen/article.html?Article_ID=222998 (It's dutch i know,just run it through babelfish now,cba now >:( The winner this year will be the one guy that hasnt use doping ffs :s I'm getting angry lol

Ill comment on your post another time,need to calm down now :P

Edit:The tour blames the ProTour, the Tour needs to allow all the teams from the ProTour,even the ones they dont want

You're right about the testing,every day for the yellow jersey and the winner,and of course random controls now.

I agree 100%

Only the end was good

McEwen is my favourite too,but because he had to give up i choose Evans now :)

Harvey Birdman

I just saw the story on BBC. It's just getting better and better. Cofidis was one of the teams that delayed the start today in protest of Vino's positive test. What a bunch of #$%ing hypocrites.

Mavcat

Quote from: Harvey Birdman on July 25, 2007, 02:27:59 PM
I just saw the story on BBC. It's just getting better and better. Cofidis was one of the teams that delayed the start today in protest of Vino's positive test. What a bunch of #$%ing hypocrites.

You're right,this IS getting ridiculous! I can't believe this... Its even more worse as previous year...

Volker Harun

Quote from: calico on July 25, 2007, 12:36:05 PM
The big deal might be those 500,000 Euros a year?

Harvey Birdman

Mavcat - It is! For all the talk, it gets worse every year. After the Festina/Virenque mess I didn't think it could get any worse, but every year is more outrageous than the one before.

Mavcat

Quote from: Harvey Birdman on July 25, 2007, 02:34:42 PM
Mavcat - It is! For all the talk, it gets worse every year. After the Festina/Virenque mess I didn't think it could get any worse, but every year is more outrageous than the one before.

you're right :( Its sad,just sad...