Sunlight object Issues

Started by WAS, December 21, 2014, 01:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WAS

Anyone else having issues with the sun? I can't find it. Lol. I see it's light, but there is no longer a object to drag around, and no b-box/cross showing me it's location in the sky.

Updated to latest free version 3.2

The sun should be right there just about on the horizon...

Oshyan

Do you have Hide Objects enabled in the 3D preview view settings? (looks like a cube next to the paint brush on the top toolbar of the 3D preview)

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on December 21, 2014, 10:29:56 PM
Do you have Hide Objects enabled in the 3D preview view settings? (looks like a cube next to the paint brush on the top toolbar of the 3D preview)

- Oshyan

It is not checked, if that is what you mean.

Oshyan

Then it's quite odd that it's not showing up. Does this persist if you save the TGD, close TG, and re-load it? If so, can you share the TGD (or email it to support) so we can see if we can also reproduce it?

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on December 22, 2014, 12:37:18 AM
Then it's quite odd that it's not showing up. Does this persist if you save the TGD, close TG, and re-load it? If so, can you share the TGD (or email it to support) so we can see if we can also reproduce it?

- Oshyan

It does persist through multiple openings. I'm going to try a new project and see if it's the same case, may be something to do with that file specifically. If so I can PM it to you?

It does persist in new files

Oshyan

Very strange. PMs don't allow file attachments, I don't think. Just go ahead and email it to us: support@planetside.co.uk

- Oshyan

WAS

Having trouble with my my email loading and I can't click the basic html link in time when gmail loads so here is a stripped version of the main problem file

Oshyan

Oh. It's because you're zoomed really far in/have a very small Field of View (8.5 degrees in this case, default is 60), and the sun is actually still above your camera view, despite being fairly low on the horizon. It shows up fine if you lower the sun height/angle to where it drops into your narrow FoV.

- Oshyan

WAS

Quote from: Oshyan on December 22, 2014, 02:31:38 AM
Oh. It's because you're zoomed really far in/have a very small Field of View (8.5 degrees in this case, default is 60), and the sun is actually still above your camera view, despite being fairly low on the horizon. It shows up fine if you lower the sun height/angle to where it drops into your narrow FoV.

- Oshyan

Oh well that's silly of me. I get lost with the camera when trying to look at close up details, and then reset. Lol