Dutch medieval scene

Started by Dune, April 13, 2015, 03:01:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Thanks guys. They're daz people. Good enough for my purpose, enough work as is to get them the way I need them, especially their clothing. Yesterday I made a 'breaking wheel', a nice prisoner will be featured on top of it, chained and let to enjoy his last days admiring the views. Really nice to make the poor guy as horrible looking as possible  8) I'll show you later.
I only don't know what it is that they had on that upper piece of wood, I made it some sort of noose, but it's probably something else.... a piece of food to torture the guy even more?

Emmeline

Oh so deliciously morbid, Dune!
I keep staring at the previous render of the boats on the river. I'm amazed, truly. The bit that sticks out to me the most is the ripples coming off the boats.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on May 10, 2015, 03:05:19 AM
T
I only don't know what it is that they had on that upper piece of wood, I made it some sort of noose, but it's probably something else.... a piece of food to torture the guy even more?

I suspect it is an iron bar used to break the arms and legs above and below the elbows and knees before they threaded the victim through the spokes.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

I guess they had pretty gruesome methods back then. I read that the 13th century was especially harsh in that respect.
Warning: these images are not for the fainthearted and children under 8 years old!  ;)

DocCharly65

looks frightening!
Poor guy must have had a horrible weekend! :o

bobbystahr

Very good but one suggestion; maybe break the arms and legs as by the time they were put up to have stuff thrown at them they'd been "broken" on the wheel first before it was hoisted up the pole. Scary real....glad I live now with only water-boarding...I snow board in the winter so I can handle it, hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

You know, I was just thinking about a crow/raven. Broken limbs is interesting as well, I have to see whether I can do that  ;)

j meyer

And the skin still looks a bit too healthy.Some more blue,violet and gray
and maybe a tad green or so.

Btw. as for the clothes,have you ever had a look at Marvellous Designer?
Payware,but maybe worth it,if you have enough people to clothe.

otakar

That's nasty, but probably realistic.

I'll stick to landscape renders...

inkydigit

Don't forget the rock seller's stall! ;)

bobbystahr

Quote from: inkydigit on May 11, 2015, 07:06:31 PM
Don't forget the rock seller's stall! ;)

LOL and the rotten tomato vendor
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

Thanks for your thoughts, Jochen. I know of them, but never checked them out properly. Colors are a good idea. But, I merely made this as a 'fun' sideprop; perhaps the museum doesn't want to show the gruesome past of their town  ;) I'll probably hide it inconspiciously somewhere. So not vendors; though it would make a great scene.

Making a crow right now. I might even try to rig it, but I've never done that, so that's probably for some time in the future.

choronr

Looking at this makes me feel like I have pains in my limbs ...ouch!