My weekend home

Started by DocCharly65, May 07, 2015, 12:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Ahhh, I understand ... in Wings3D I'd use the function "smooth" to get more polygons...

.. trying...
Funny thing... I didn't believe, it would work and keep the texture mapping, but seems it does:

Only 3D preview:

[attach=1]

DocCharly65

in fact it works - here a fast test render:

[attach=1]

Dune

Yeah, much better indeed.

Hannes

We seem to like dogs ;-)
Great work. Looking forward to your next iteration.

bobbystahr

dogs are good...god with 2 o's

and big improvement in the pooch...like the new lamp and wall tex...too bad bout the windows. Have you tried remappimg them with Cubic U/V in PoseRay in Material>UV?...I have saved a few screwy maps that way.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

j meyer

Nice improvements.
Indeed the smooth in Wings is what is called subdivision elsewhere.
I would not recommend cubic mapping for the wooden frame parts.Better is to look
up the existing mapping and fix it appropriately.If the parts allow it could be done
in Poseray with planar mapping,but you should be able to fix it in Wings.
Let me know,if you need some help with that.

DocCharly65

Thanks  j meyer & bobbystahr. i already played almost one night with the house in wings3d.

If I hadn't the pressure to finish at least the birthday card on Wednesday I would have done more research. But for the moment I darkened the diffuse color light a little bit until you almost don't see the mistake any more:

[attachimg=1]

Maybe in the future animation it's even less significant (720p with 3-4 detail and AA) but it will be an interesting learning process. I almost caught the culprit in wings3d. But I had to recognize, that all windows and doors together are one single part in TG3 but many more separated parts in wings. First remapping generally worked and the window arches looked better but I messed up all the other wooden parts... I'll keep this as learning lesson for another time.

I also had my first look at poseray... Äähm sorry... At wings I'm on user level 0.005 now (can do things without destroying my PC  ;) ) But poseray is absolute strange for me at this moment  :o

Hannes

Since we have quite similar plants in our interior images, here's a tipp:
Try to get some better flower pots, place them exactly where the ugly Xfrog pots are and set the opacity of the Xfrog-pot-shaders to 0. When I created the first version I wasn't aware how ugly these pots are. And there's only this particular one in the houseplant's collection  :(.

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on May 16, 2015, 05:09:12 AM
Thanks  j meyer & bobbystahr. i already played almost one night with the house in wings3d.

Hiya        ,
        Well I thought I recognized the model as one I'd started working with but got unsatisfactory results with the old ver. of the Water shader. Your render triggered me to revisit the project and I came up with this water.
       j meyer and I have done considerable testing with variable transparency for stained glass windows mainly but it also applies to water.The renders attached are using  the settings in the attached clip files but everything is adjustable in the Merge shaders mainly. I've included the default and parts shaders so you can see where to connect the Water and Merge shaders
Here's another thought(now acted upon)those marble spheres on the fence can be turned into yard lights and here's a .tgc for that as well if you're into it; usage instructions in it's Note. I added a point light to each one all set to:
with soft shadows  and set the Sun low in the sky; Power 1 .
I find it best to right click and add clip file from next to the parts stack in the internal network and connecting manually rather than inserting, especially with these as they have a redundant default part shader in them, no instructions and you're only using the act-ors as it were.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Hey cool, bobbystahr

I'll check what I can learn and use from the tgc's.

Nice idea with the marble spheres!
I'm curious, if my "special" plan will work: I want a night scene with under water lighting in the pool... But a long way and some other priorities until there...

Still waiting for the 5000x2813 birthday-card render... tomorrow I must send it to the online print shop.

On my fast i7 PC the first 50 frames of animating the clock are done...
Since I saw interesting pricing on pixel plow, my resistance decreases continuously. But I must read more about technical details. This scene contains app. 140 Objects and I'm not sure about many details... and I must clean up my node network. If pixel plow sees the mess in my node network, they will increase the price 5 times for me  ;D  ... In the last two weeks with just adding and setting up all the objects I preferred to work in the left side object overview... The network looks horrible.

Dune

Pixelplow won't see any mess, it's all automated and flushed after rendering. If it works for you, it works there. I only had some trouble when I wanted a really HUGE exr still, on which their stitching computers crashed, but I think they have that also solved now.

DocCharly65

The Birthday card in in the print shop, but there are some details in the TV, I cannot show, because of Copyright...
60x40 cm - biggest Birthday card ever  ;)

I will render a neutral Version for showing here...
So only some detail work today...
A Bottle:
[attach=1]

Another Bottle:
[attach=2]

Both will only be seen behind the glass of the rack, but I used the time for some experiments with objects, part shaders...
Behind the glass doors:
[attach=3]

Dune

Leaves in the window seem to be cut off. The bottles are terrific!

bobbystahr

Yeah, odd that. Maybe a bad alpha channel or just a sad modeling job? The bottles rock for sure, too bad they'll be hidden.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

...a further intermediate step
I could speedup the rendertime from 45 to 25 hours... (my repair-job created some new nodes like all light sources a double instance, a second planet, background... really a mess, but node network should be OK now)

Some new details:
surface of the rack under TV repaired.
Added some books there.
A pillow and a wool blanket on the sofa.
Recolored the bottles in the rack and reduced reflectivity of the glassdoors to have a better view on them
A tablet for jack Daniels and glass
Candles on table
and some wings3d-work on the Dreamcatcher so that the feathers don't disappear into the wall...

[attach=1]

... parallel I created a moonlight view with under water lights:

[attach=2]

More things running... I would need ten more hands...  ;D