County Road

Started by Michelh, June 08, 2015, 08:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelh

I had some time to get working again with terragen in the last 3 days and this is what i did. Again as always feedback an suggestions are welcome .

choronr

I find this very pleasing, nice work.

mhaze

This has a nice feel, the road and trees are good but I'd like to see a bigger image. It looks like the ground veg could be denser! The white line looks too wide.

Dune

Agreed; darken in the sky, narrow white line (max 10cm) and bigger render are the most important issues. But it's certainly has potential indeed.

archonforest

Yeah great start here! ;)
Agree with all suggestions. Big potential here.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

Welcome back and a good start. Agree with Dune on all points.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Michelh

Thanks for the feedback, I will redo this render so it can be bigger. I will also add more detail to the road and add more grass for the clouds I shall try something else. I just dont have the comp I had at home, so renders to take time....alot of time.

Michelh

Hey guys its impossible for me to render at a better quality  as i am on a laptop at the moment.... I was wondering what computer I should buy so that i could get good renders on terragen I am looking at 8cores form Intel with 12 to 32gb of ram does anyone have some advice on this matter, thanks.

Michelh

I should also  mention that i wont buy a 4000$ computer so anything between 1000-2200$

archonforest

For 1000-2200 bucks u can get a very good PC for TG. Especially in the U.S.

Take a look here for example to what u can get for the budget u have:
http://www.digitalstorm.com/gaming-desktops.asp

Hope it helps.
Damn, I just love to answer hardware related question :D :D Especially if this will help a fellow TGist!

Hetzen

Quote from: Michelh on June 20, 2015, 03:23:04 PM
Hey guys its impossible for me to render at a better quality  as i am on a laptop at the moment.... I was wondering what computer I should buy so that i could get good renders on terragen I am looking at 8cores form Intel with 12 to 32gb of ram does anyone have some advice on this matter, thanks.

My home pc cost £1200, which includes parts if I had to buy, like case and PSU. It has an Intel i7 5820 6 core chip over clocked at 4.2 ghz with 16gb of low cost ram (which I will expand at some stage, but not really needed for most work). So 12 buckets at render time. The graphics card is one of the cheap 970 series. Got one of the Corsair self contained water coolers and some ultra silent fans. I can't hear the thing at all. It will ramp up under load, but really pleased with the set up for the price.

TG renders look even better with more resolution and AA, so having something that can handle population previews and crop renders quickly really make the whole thing a more enjoyable and productive experience.

Michelh

Thanks for the quick replies. For the website you sent me i did take a look it looks interesting but prices for 8gb of ram looks abit expensive as i need min 16gb ...also i am in Canada. ..  and i really like the idea of something over 4 cores but your build at 1200 £ is abit out of price for me as it is more like 2500$ in can money. I wished id have a 6 to 8 core intel with 16gb of ram ddr4 and a medium graphics card but i dont think its possible  at 2000$

archonforest

Michael you can also look for refurbished workstations. I got one from the UK with a dual quad xeon set up for about 600 bucks. It is a monster. With Intels HT technology TG uses 16 cores and I am very pleased with the speed.

Otherwise I still think that u can get something decent with your budget.

DocCharly65

Good luck for your search for a fast PC
The road is worth it.

Michelh

Hey Archonforest how can I get this type of monster? It would be great. I am also looking at Acer at the moment and Asus  but dam are they pricy for what they offer ... At the moment my laptop takes about 6 to 8 hrs to render one frame at 0.8 detail and 10 AA....