The Darkness and the Light

Started by Stranded, July 11, 2015, 04:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stranded

20 hour render and a little post processing. Still fiddling around with lighting and such but I am learning a lot. I like the path much better now. It shows some usage by bicycles or motorcycles or just people.

Need to knock some trees over and put some weeds/flowers in the mix as well.

Thanks for everybody's comments and reviews. I appreciate the support.

TheBadger

Very nice.
Now we have to work on getting your times down!
It has been eaten.

Dune

This looks really much better. One more thing you can do is give the main tree object a slight tilt (1-2º), so they're not all dead straight up.

Stranded

Quote from: TheBadger on July 29, 2015, 12:30:48 AM
Very nice.
Now we have to work on getting your times down!

Thank you... yes, I have been looking at the specs for a separate computer to just do this kind of stuff but some of the rigs that I have seen people put together are still in the $1K range and that is just not in my future any time soon. I'm sure I could tweak some settings and knock it down some with marginal loss in quality, that will have to be my first avenue of investigation at this point. My 2.16 GHZ processors (dual) and 4 GB of RAM are not cutting it!!!!

Stranded

Quote from: Dune on July 29, 2015, 02:09:51 AM
This looks really much better. One more thing you can do is give the main tree object a slight tilt (1-2º), so they're not all dead straight up.

Thanks, I am quite happy with how it is progressing. Great suggestion... I can only shake my head at what is a simple yet effective change that was completely lost on me.

Stranded

There have been many iterations of this as I am just using it as a learning experience for me. While this version isn't EXACTLY what I had in mind when I started. I like it and am going to call it done, for now! There reaches a point of diminishing returns when I start to lose interest in a scene. I will shelf this one for the time being and start learning on another scene to keep my interest.

Stranded

Okay so I started working on another scene and I liked the lighting so much that I transferred the scheme to this scene. It has a very Fantasy Art kind of feel.

archonforest

Now this last one looks VERY good. Very nice work!
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

fleetwood

Good one. Camp can't be far off, I can smell the wood smoke.

Stranded

Quote from: archonforest on August 15, 2015, 04:06:07 PM
Now this last one looks VERY good. Very nice work!

Thanks, a lot of trial and error until I got the look that I was mostly going for.

Stranded

Quote from: fleetwood on August 15, 2015, 07:27:02 PM
Good one. Camp can't be far off, I can smell the wood smoke.

Thanks. That is exactly the same feel I get when i look at this. I've learned a lot which makes it all worth while.

Stranded

Stranded

Quote from: Kadri on August 15, 2015, 09:05:33 PM

Looks good.

Thanks Kadri, not to the caliber of other work on here but that's okay. I'm a relative newbie so there's plenty of room for growth...